Sunday, July 19, 2009

Falling Behind

Sorry for the blog neglect. I think facebook is killing my blog.
Here's a quick update until I can get it together and add some pictures.

KC turned 3 last week. I can't believe he's 3 already! What happened to my little baby boy!? We had a fun day and celebrated with a mickey mouse cake. My parents came over for a small party and he had a lot of fun.

Parker is getting ready to start kindergarten next month and is getting really excited to go to the big school. I'm not very excited about the daily back and forth every few hours though. He just finished swimming lessons, and in June had baseball and some classes at our towns youth arts festival. It has been so busy and I'm so glad to have a few weeks without anywhere we have to be everyday. There is plenty of other stuff going on though. oh when will life slow down? I need a break!

Clayton is 3 months now and getting big. But the days of sleeping all day are past and now he wants to be up and entertained. While this is fun it does make it hard to feel like I can get anything done. NOW i understand why 3 is so hard! My house is falling apart and the kids just don't slow down so I can catch up! I feel like I need about 5 more pairs of hands and 10 more hours in the day. Preferable those hours would be nap time for us all and a maid would come clean my house while I'm sleeping.

We have a big project going on right now :) We're building a second floor laundry room! I'm so excited to have it done and not have to haul the laundry down to the kitchen anymore. Right now our laundry room is right off the kitchen and is also in the same room as our pantry and it's the doorway to the garage. There is just too much going on for such a small room. So with the laundry upstairs we'll have more room for pantry storage and not be tripping over laundry baskets on our way out the door anymore :) we've got most the framing done and are not just waiting for the contractor to finish the plumbing and electrical. Then we can finish it up :) Yay!!!

The only other big thing going on is that I've decided to put the cake business on hold. Life is just to crazy for me right now to have the extra stress. I feel like I hardly have time to catch my breath let alone make cake. So I have a few scheduled still, but as soon as those are done I'm free! Just thinking about not having to worry about it relieve a HUGE amount of stress. I'm excited to just be mom for awhile. I have to laugh at the "just" since being mom involves more than any other job I've ever had.

Well, I think that's it for now. I'll try to get some picture up soon. I'm better at facebook these days so you can find some new pictures there for now. :) Wish us luck trying to balance out this new life with little Clay and if you get bored your always welcome to come over adn do a batch of laundry lol.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Wish I were closer..I love to do laundry.. You do have a busy busy life...But just enjoy each moment with the boys... They are so precious :) Big loves to all

K said...

I wish I had an upstairs laundry too. Not so good in an earthquake, maybe (getting hit by falling washers), but better for real life. Sorry about the cakes, because I love looking at the pictures, but yay for your choice. I don't like facebook as much as I like blogs -- I guess it bothers me to have my kids' pictures up there where even just slight acquaintances can see them. So I'm sad about that part of it.

Kathy said...

NO NO NO you cannot call Clayton Clay. Don't you remember I told you not to call him that. It is not a nice nickname. PLEASE?

He is way to cute for that. No offense to anyone actually called Clay but I just had a boy from high school named that and I did not like him or the things he did so I just can't handle having my cute little grandson called Clay.