
The cats have been kicked out. I feel sad. I feel like it's animal cruelty making them live outdoors. I know, they're just animals right, but I still feel sad. But when it comes to cat pee on my carpet in my still new house, or no cat to snuggle with at night I pick no snuggling.
Pumpkin has recently decided that he needs to "mark" the whole house as his territory again. Maybe he's feeling threatened by the new baby coming? I don't know, but when you can go in the room and the cat will stop right in front of you and proceed to leave his mark on your nice clean pile of laundry, then it's time for the cat to go. I've found several of such spots this last week and he's peed in front of me twice! Luckily its always just a very small amount and usually on something other than just right on the floor. So it isn't impossible to clean up. But still, gross.
I'm still letting them in the laundry room where we keep their food. I even bought a nice soft pet bed to put in there for them to sleep in so I wouldn't feel so bad. They have a kitty door there that leads into the garage so they can get outside.
I have to say it's nice not being pounced on in the middle of the night. Pumpkin likes to sleep right on top of you and that can get a little uncomfortable. And its nice not having big clumps of Butters hair to clean up. Why can't pets be as fun when you're the grownup as they are when you're the kid? Oh well.
So to start fresh we had the carpets cleaned this morning, and it feels SOO nice. The house smells nice and clean again and even the place upstairs where KC spilled a bunch of lotion is clean once more. And it always feels good to have everything so clean right before a baby comes. There's still a lot to do to satisfy my nesting, but we're getting there! The best part is my boys are great little helpers and love to help me clean things. Parker especially loves cleaning his bathroom. Give the kid some lysol wipes or a spray bottle and rag and he goes to town. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. Just don't ask him to help do the laundry lol. Ask him about it and you'll know why.
So the house is a little lonely with out the kitties following me around all day and climbing on my lap every chance they get, but its much cleaner, and will be a lot less allergic for our friends and family that haven't been able to come over much :) And there's more room for cute little boys on my lap now.
3 comments:
well I feel bad for the poor cats, but I'm excited for me! I want to come hang out at your house, and maybe next time I can!!
It's gotta be nice to have the carpets cleaned too--an animal peeing on my floor wouldn't live in the house for long, that's for sure!!
Glad that you are getting everything ship shape for the BABY...I could never have cats around because of the way they twist around your legs..
and the HAIR every where... But its nice there are people like you that enjoy them... Love ya
Yay! Now Gin and I can come and eat cake! You always have cake, don't you? And cool fruit on skewers? For us? I had a tom cat in the barn just a couple of times, and let me tell you - when they mark, it's forever. The horses look at me oddly when I feed them the hay, because he'd chosen the hay as his marker - how often, I don't know. But you gotta use what you got. My neighbor shoots cats. I say, best to buy a girl and make her a eunuch. Except I think maybe you can't do that, really. Can you?
Post a Comment