Friday, March 20, 2009

Grandma's House


Yesterday we went to visit my parents. My grandma was there too so it was fun to get to visit with her. While we were there grandpa got out a slide ( a big outdoor play slide) and positioned it on the stairs so the boys could slide down, they got to go on a walk to the park, jump on a trampoline, play tinker toys, eat cookies, and have TONS of fun. When we got in the car to go home we'd made it about a mile and KC says "Mom? I love it at grandmas house". The cutest part was he seemed so nostalgic about it, like we might not be going back for awhile and he was already missing it so much. I love how my parents take so much time to play with the kids when we are there. It's not just a quick hug and kiss hello and goodbye, but they stop what they are doing and really play. The kids LOVE it, and its so fun to watch them together.

When we were growing up we lived a days drive away from our closest grandparents. But every year it seemed, at least once or twice we would load up and make the drive to grandmas house. I remember the drive seemed like it took forever, but when we got there it was so exciting. They used to have this big tree in the backyard with a swing that you could spend hours on, and when I was really little I remember my grandpa holding me upside down and putting my feet up to the ceiling and tickling me. There was just no feeling in the world like being at Grandma and Grandpas. I remember crying as we would drive away to go home, it was always so sad to have to leave. It's not quite as relaxing to go now that I have kids to chase around, but I still love the feeling I get when I'm there. So thanks Grandma and Grandpa for helping me have such fun memories of visiting you, and I love that I can bring my kids there now and share some of those memories with them. And thanks Mom and Dad for making my kids Grandma and Grandpa's house just as magical a place.

3 comments:

Joan said...

What wonderful memories ..Thanks for sharing.. Big loves

Ginna said...

I know! Your parents house is wonderful and they do a wonderful job being super grandparents. Our kids are definitely lucky.

Kathy said...

okay your making me cry here. All I can say is that there is nothing better than grandkids. They are the best and I love having them around. I have to second what you say about my parents. They were and still are the best examples ever of how to be a grandparent.