Sunday, April 5, 2009

...Waiting...

Well the count down is on! I can't believe how fast it has come! It seems so slow everyday, but then at the same time it flys by. I'm getting so excited and having a hard time waiting to hold this little guy. I've been having a lot of false labor over the past few weeks, especially this weekend. I thought for sure we'd have a baby friday night, but no luck. But that's okay, we know it will be soon whenever he comes. We finally got everything ready for his birth and I am looking forward to this new experience of having a baby at home and even though its a bit scary knowing there won't be any pain relief as far as drugs go, I think it's going to be so much more of a spiritual and emotional experience than you get at the hospital and I love that I'll be able to be where I am most comfortable surrounded by people that love me and knowing that my midwife and doula have no one else to help at the time but me.
The other day Parker told me he never wants the baby to come out of my tummy because then I'll be making cakes all the time and feeding the baby and never get to play. Sad huh! I tried to reassure him that I'm not going to be making cakes all the time, I don't plan to start taking on very many orders for quite a while. And that even though baby will eat ALL the time at first, we'll still find time to play. Nursing makes a great reading time. He did so well with KC when he was born I didn't really think he would be worried about this baby, but I guess he's big enough now to understand whats happening and that life will be different. But I'm glad he's talking to me about it and not just acting up. He's being really good. So I told him all about what an important job it is to be a big brother and about all the special things that he'll get to do when the baby comes. He liked that. I also went and got a bunch of new craft stuff and fun things for him to do with Grandma Sue when she comes down so that he hasn't something special and exciting. When I thought the baby was going to come friday I told him I thought we would get our baby soon and asked if he was excited. His response was "yes!! cause then I can have my new toys!!!" I guess if I was 5 new toys would be a lot more exciting than a baby lol. KC knows there's a baby in my tummy and it'll be fun to see what he thinks when baby is on the outside.
I can't wait to have all 3 of my boys together. I feel so incredibly blessed and overwhelmed by the responsibility I've been given to raise these boys to be good men, I'm so grateful for a good husband who is such a great example and leader for them. And who loves them so much and enjoys spending time with all of us. I don't know how I would do it without him. And I'm grateful to have the gospel to help guide me and for the knowledge that Heavenly Father is there to help me with this incredible calling in life. How could we raise these precious souls without His help.
And Grandma Sue we are SOO excited for you to be able to come and stay with us when Clayton arrives. I am so grateful for your willingness to take the time to come and help and we are all excited to be able to spend so much time with you. Thanks you!!!!!!

So hopefully our next post will be all about our new little boy when our family is completed with his arrival. We can't wait to show him to all of you! Wish us luck and send your prayers our way that everything will go well with his delivery!

7 comments:

Becky said...

We're thinking about you and praying all the best! The time will indeed pass, but it sure seems to drag at these times. We love you and know that all will go well.

Ann said...

I am so excited for you. Your post is so sweet. It made me wish I was having a baby now. Are you doing it at your house? I guess I never realized that. Crazy! Good luck. Love you!

Sarah said...

We definitely have your back here! You are one incredible woman and mom and I am glad you are in our family! Good luck with the delivery and the juggling!

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to get the word about the baby being on the way. I can pack in a matter of minutes. I am getting prepared for a sub at work. I will be bringing a Grandma's bag to combat boredom also. Yesterday K.C. thought he was talking to Grandpa Chuck(still in bed) and wasn't sure he wanted to talk to Grandma Sue. I'm looking forward to a few days with Parker and KC.

Dixie said...

Yikes! Is it that time already? I'll be sending you good thoughts and pray you are "delivered" soon!
What sweet, kind words you posted about your parents and grandparents. They are lucky to have you and your little boys in their lives.

K said...

But Kari - how wonderful that you ARE able to raise three boys to be find men. We worry so much over our children (and sometimes the children aren't much help for a while in allaying those worries), but when we see them turn out to be fine women and men, our hearts swell with gratitude - both to God and to the children who have picked themselves a life and gone to it with determination and joy. You will do fine. We are so proud of you and Gin and Lorri as parents. We could not have asked for better.

Mark and Audrey said...

Only 3 more days (unless he is already here) I cannot wait to see him! Good luck!