Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life

Better late than never right? This last few months have been a whirlwind. So much happening all at once I'm just barely getting a chance to catch my breathe. So here come some updates finally.

I'll start with the good news :) Quinn, boy # 4, was born on March 4th. 7lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches. Labor was great! When we had Clayton we had a home birth and I thought anything other than that again would be miserable. But we had Quinn at Orem Community Hospital and it was such a great experience. My labor was induced at about 1:00 in the afternoon and by 4:34 I had my sweet baby in my arms. And contrary to what you might think since we went so natural last time, I DID have an epidural, and it actually worked!!! It hasn't done that since I had my very first baby so it was so great.
I love that hospital, everyone there was so nice and caring and it was good to have a chance to relax a little before coming home to the chaos.

We got home Sunday and our great friends brought us meals for a few days till my mother in law as able to come. She stayed for a week and it as such a wonderful blessing. I have so many friends who don't really like their in laws, I feel very fortunate to have such great ones who I absolutely love. Sue took such great care of us, and I loved having the company. It's so nice having someone to talk to during the day other than little kids. I was sad to see her go home, but I know she had a lot waiting for her there. She does so much with so little thanks. Thank you Sue. For being so wonderful and for helping us when we really needed you. And for making it possible for my mom to not have to stress about us and just be able to take care of my Dad.

Now here's where life gets crazy. 2 weeks after Quinns birth I took the boys in to the Dr. just for some routine things, shots etc. While we were there we had Parkers iron tested since he'd been looking kinda of pale and sickly lately. I hadn't noticed it as much but everyone was starting to comment on how he looked so I decided we'd better just have him checked. Well it was so low we were sent to the hospital that afternoon and admitted and he received a blood transfusion! It was so scary, I felt terrible for not realizing how sick he was. But the next morning he had more energy than he'd had in months and the color had come back to his face. But the question still yet to be solved it why and how he was losing blood. We've spent the last few weeks getting test after test done to figure it out without a lot of luck. But hopefully soon we will have some answers.

3 days after Parker got out of the hospital Dad lost his battle with cancer and passed away. I'll do a separate post on this.
That week was busy getting ready for the funeral and the next spent visiting with family. And now other than dr. appts we are enjoying the quiet, well as much as we can with a house full of cute boys ;), and trying to get into a routine and figure out life again.

When Parker was at the hospital my good friend Evelyn was watching the kids and as a gift she took these sweet pictures of Quinn for me!!! She's done almost all our pics int he past and again she did an amazing job. Thank you Evelyn! You are such a great friend. These pics make my heart melt when I look at them and bring much needed smiles to us all.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is definitely a busy couple of weeks. Hopefully they can get it figured out with Parker soon.

LOVE the pictures! What a great surprise!

K said...

One double ll of a year already. The pictures of the baby are very, very good. And the day you got to spend as just your family together was an astounding gift. You have worked hard for what you have, Kari, and I think sometimes of the hymn that promises that our Father loves to bless us. Certainly, he does seem to love to bless you. I think there is no greater vote of confidence than a parent who can go Home in full confidence that his children are strong and good and taking charge of life. Hard things will always happen. And you will always handle them.

Robin Eleazer said...

Dear Kari, Those pictures are precious, I love the style and Quinn is darling. You are very blessed, you have a wonderful family, a wonderful extended family and outstanding friends. But then your pretty special yourself! Keep your chin up, life is good.

Danielle Smith said...

Congrats again on your baby! He is so cute!! I can't believe all that you had to deal with at once!! When it rains, it certainly pours!! Let me know if you need a break and send your boys on over here.