Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Saying Goodbye




Dad passed away on March 21st. Strange, sometimes it seems like nothing has changed and then I remember and everything has. Everything looks differently, and time is moving at a different pace. It's a strange feeling to watch life go on normally around you when yours seems to have stopped for a time.

The day before Dad left us my brothers came into town and we were able to spend the whole day together just our immediate family. It was such an amazing day, even with the sadness knowing it was probably just days till He'd be gone. It's hard to really describe that day so I'll just say it was so special and I'll always remember the spirit we felt and the words that were said. And I'll be forever grateful for all the time I've had to spend with my Dad, and that my kids did. And I'm grateful that I got to say goodbye and tell him all the things that I wanted to. And I am incredibly happy knowing that we will be together again. The hope that brings makes his parting a little less sorrowful. Although I already miss him more than words can say and my heart is broken.

6 comments:

K said...

YOu are in my mind, always. And you are not alone in feeling the change.

GrannySharon said...

This is a post I didn't want you to have to do so soon! You are right...you were SO blessed to have that special day together! Love you!

Lynsey said...

I have been thinking about you and your family and praying that you are being comforted during this hard time. Having just lost my own dad to the same thing I know how you feel. I remember just before Christmas I wanted to go and talk with my dad and I had made it half way up the stairs before I remembered that he was gone. I am glad that you and your brothers were able to be with him before he passed. Love you!

Kathy said...

My thoughts exactly.

Danielle Smith said...

This was a hard post for me when I did it. This stirs up some feelings. I am so sorry he had to go and so soon in life. It's such a hard thing to deal with and you really feel like time stops for a while. I totally agree with that. What an amazing thing for you to be able to spend his last days together. That is so amazing to be able to do. I wish I had that opportunity. Not many get it. My heart goes out to you and your family. Please, if you really need anyone to talk to, I am here and I will listen.

Liz said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Kari. Though a bit late, my thoughts and prayers are with you!