Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birthday #1

In march this guy turned 1!! He is now walking, most of the time, and cuter than ever. He says mom, dad, kitty, kc, Parker, uh oh, and this. We may be the only ones that understand him but it's cute nonetheless.
His cake was a little bit of an experiment. I didn't have any powdered sugar and since I was of course making it at the last minute and broke I was able to go but any. So I threw some regular sugar in the blender with a little corn starch and ground it up. It worked pretty good but still made for some gritty icing and fondant. Then I did the cake in about an hour or less so I could finally go to bed. So it's not the cutest, and it taste a little funky, but at 1 yrs old your mom is pretty much fantastic even if she doesn't make an award winning cake :-)

1 comment:

K said...

Cake: adorable.

Boy: even more adorable.