Sunday, May 13, 2012

Relay for Life


Since Dad got cancer and passed away I've felt like I need to do something to help other people in some way that are going through this. Being only me there isn't a lot that I can do but I did find a few events that I can participate in. So this summer our family is participating in the Relay for Life by the American Cancer Society.

It's a walking relay that takes place overnight to symbolized that cancer never sleeps. We walk part of the night and then they have a small ceremony and light luminaries dedicated to our family and friends affected by cancer. We're taking part in the Nebo South Utah County Relay on June 29-30th.

I'm excited to be able to participate in this. Our whole family is going and we have some amazing friends that are going to join us, which means so much to me. 

Part of forming our team is that we are trying to raise money that is used for cancer research and support for those going through cancer treatments and their families. 




I already organized a team and named it after my dad's band he was a part of before he passed away. They had been Highland Highway but a few months before he passed away they renamed the band the Kendrix Krew in honor of him. So that's the name of our team. If you want to join our team and walk with us all you have to do is sign up, there is no cost since the team is already organized. So come and join us! We'll pitch our tents and play some games and walk of course.

If you want to join our team or donate to our team fundraising efforts then just go to

Kendrix Krew Relay for Life Team Page 

and you can donate to our team. Our goal is to raise 1500 as a team, my personal goal is $300, I'm half way there right now. So please spread the word and together lets fight against cancer and help lift the people around us suffering with this terrible disease. 

No comments: