We love the Charlie Brown trees, mostly because they have so much character and you can see all the ornaments when you put them on. And I love that. I love all the cute goofy ones the kids have made at school, and the ones from when Aaron and I were kids. And I love all the ones we've collected along the way to remember special occasions or new babies. And this year our naughty little elf Holly Jolly made us a popcorn string to hang on the tree. I'm sure she stayed up all night doing it and I think we might have to ask her to do it again next year. Of course the tree skirt was never flat and neat, there was always one little boy or another climbing under the tree to either plug in the lights, water the tree, or retrieve fallen ornaments that had found their way into the hands of a certain baby who we will not name, however his name starts with Qu and ends with inn. And of course his accomplice who visits often from the down the street. In fact said accomplice might have started it.
Then since we don't have a fireplace we needed a place to hang the stockings. I had seem a few ideas on pinterest that I liked using branches so I just expanded on it and used the left over limbs from our tree to make this.
Parker took his job very seriously as you can see :-)
And what Christmas is complete without snow? We spent a day cutting, glittering, and hanging snowflakes in our kitchen to make up for what wasn't outside. Although we soon had more than enough real snow and the kids have had a blast out playing in it.
1 comment:
We still have two snowflakes that Gin made hanging between living room and dining room. She was five when she made them - now they're yellow and dusty - but wow. Hanging there over twenty five years. My tree is covered with hand made ornaments, too - many of them made by the children. When they grew up and got married, I sent them into their grown-up life, each of them with a box or more of ornaments they'd made and loved over the years of their childhood. It was kinda cool. Your tree looks great.
Post a Comment