Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still here

Just thought I'd let you all know that we are still here, i just haven't been in the blogging mood lately. We've had a few things happening, and I'll try to post more on them later.

The beginning of May I went to Kansas City for 4 days, kid free! Kris graduated from dental school and Ginna graduated with her MBA! I'm really impressed with them and all they've been able to do, all while Ginna worked full time and took care of Max too! You guys rock. It was so great to be able to be there for everything and get to see Kelly and Lechelle too. They let me stay with them and it was tons of fun! Thanks guys!

Then the next week Aaron went to Chicago for 3 days, that was not so fun since I was home with the kiddos who were tired and crazy from everything going on already. But Parker got to spend the night at Grandmas one night with his cousin Max (who came home with us from KC- he stayed at grandmas) so that saved me.

We've gotten lets done in the yard. The garden boxes are built and planted, although the plants don't seem to be faring to well. I guess I just don't have a green thumb :( I also got all the flower beds done while Aaron was gone, got the garden soil in them and covered them with wood chips and planted lots of stuff. Those seems to be doing okay. We finished the sprinklers and got our top soil. Just to have it sit out in the rain for a week. urgh We also got the swing set from our old place and got it all set up, complete with playground wood chips under it. Too bad the kids could care less.

Now I have 2 cakes to do this week, and then a break for a week before 2 more big ones.
We also found a new babysitter!! This is the best part of everything we've been doing. We found her on www.sittercity.com. That site rocks. You definitely need to check it out if you have a hard time finding a good babysitter. You can look at tons of people, do background checks, check references, etc. She came on saturday and the kids LOVED her! She brought toys and everything. Parker raved about her all morning sunday. Shes going to be sitting for us almost every sautrday night so we can actually have a date. I'd almost forgotten what a date was, so this is just in time. :) Shes also coming during the day for a week the 2nd week in June so I can focus on my big cakes and not stress too much.

Anyway, I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting to post, but oh well. Our fence is coming this week and then we can do our grass!! Whohoo! I'm so glad to be almost done with yard stuff for awhile, or at least until we have some money again lol.

oh, and we got rid of our house phone, so if you didn't get the email with our cell numbers email me and I'll send them to you. Or you can check out my website for mine.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds way busy! But the yard is really taking shape. That will be so nice. Glad you had a good 'tiny' vacation. Those work wonders!

Freckles said...

I live by you so I know you're alive, but I wondered when you would post again! haha. Welcome back!

Kathy said...

Kari you will have to post some pictures of all your yard stuff you have done. It looks good and what a lot of work you guys have done. I am excited for you to get it all done and have a rest for a while.

I'll try and stop by and see you on my way home on friday or saturday. Miss seeing the little boys and you too of course. Love ya

Diana said...

I was wondering where you have been. Sounds like you have been busy. I can't wait to see picture of the yard. =)

Liz said...

I'm glad you're still here. And I'm glad that you got some quality alone time. And I'm glad that your yard is almost done. And I'm super glad that you've found an awesome, regular babysitter! Sounds like things are going well. Good luck with your next few cakes!

Stephanie said...

Wow, you really have been up to your eyeballs in stuff...don't blame you for not getting around to the blogging. That's awesome that you have a great sitter, it must be a wonderful feeling :D Good luck with your cakes!