Monday, January 4, 2010

** Birthday **

This little darling is 8 years old today. Happy Birthday Maren. I miss you...

p.s. Our adoption story is published in the book "For The Love of a Child" at Deseret Book. page 221. It's a great book if you know anyone thinking about adoption.

6 comments:

Ginna said...

I loved reading the story in that book. You told it in a very touching way. What a sweet little baby she was. We were proud of you then and we still are. :)

Sarah said...

What a special gift she has to become to so many.

Lechelle said...

Happy Birthday Maren!

Your great love for Maren is evidenced by the choices you made for her. She is such a blessed little girl, to have so many families that love her.

We love you Kari!

Ann said...

What a sweet picture. Made me tear up just looking at it. What a sweet girl. Be good to yourself today. (Today's almost over, but be good to yourself all week.) You deserve it.

K said...

I have a dear friend who also has a child somewhere in the world, a daughter. I think you both are more than brave, and more than loving. You did the wise thing. The merciful thing. The true thing.

jules said...

I am going to have to get that book. You really did give her a great gift. And as she gets older, I think her appreciation for that will grow, and she will be even more grateful for your choice. Especailly when the day comes that she herself will be a mother. : ) Just goes to show how much our Heavenly Father loves each of us, and makes everything work for our own good if will listen to the spirit! Not only did her life bless the lives of her"family", it helped you get things in order to recieve the blessings Heavenly Father had/has in store for you!! We love you and are glad that you are part of our family!!