Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fondant?


I bought a bunch of the ready to use fondant and thought I'd give it a try. This first one is pretty pathetic, but I learned how important it is to have the cake as perfect as can be under the fondant so it is smooth and holds the right shape. This was just a fun little cake to make to get a feel for the fondant and see what it really is all about. It can look cool, but it sure isn't very tasty. Anyone out there know how to make it taste a little better? I added almond extract, but still yucky. I guess fondant is more about the look than the taste. I'll have to give another try later...

1 comment:

Regan said...

I always wonder while watching the cake-making shows how the people are supposed to eat these really fancy (and really expensive) cakes!