Learning to Make Cake...
Since I get to be a stay at home mom now I decided that I need to develop some more hobbies to keep myself busy and sane while spending my days chasing these kids around. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with them, it's just that after awhile I think you really need to do something for yourself and not just everybody else all the time or you just might go crazy. So I've decided to take up cake decorating. I've never really done it before, sure the occasional cake just with a plain layer of frosting spread on top, and that one time I made Parker a basketball cake for his 1st birthday. Otherwise I am a total beginner. Thank goodness for the library and Food Network. Have you seen the cake shows on there? They can do some incredible stuff. And I would love to be able to make something so cool.
So here I go. I'll post pictures on here of my various creations, good and bad, and you can see how I do different stuff. Once I get lots of practice and think I can do alright I want to try to have a little home business making cakes, we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for looking and for any ideas you might have to help me!!
1 comment:
I'm excited to see this blog and find out how you make all of these cool cakes! It will be neat to see the progression of your skills (even though I think you're doing awesomely well now)! I hope you get to make some girl cakes so I can see what you come up with.
Post a Comment