



Lightening McQueen is pretty popular at our house, Parker has 3 different ones. Regular Lightening, Dinoco Blue Lightening, and Radiator Springs (affectionately known as Fancy Lightening). For Parker's birthday cake I let him pick which one he wanted me to make. Fancy was the winner. I had to use 3 different size cakes. 13x9, 8x8 round, and 8x8 square. After some cutting and pasting(with frosting) I managed to get the general shape of the car. I let it sit in the fridge overnight and the next day did the rest of the frosting. To get the eyes, the side panels, headlights etc. I drew the shapes on paper and then traced them onto fondant and cut out. After they hardened I used food coloring to paint on the details. The wheels are also fondant. It all came together pretty well and Parker was so excited. He kept telling me it was going to drive away. I can't wait for KC's 1st birthday! Although he probably won't get so excited about his cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment