Well, sorry there are no trip pics yet, I'm having some problems with the disk that my brother gave me actually reading. So far the computer seems to think it is a blank disc, so tomorrow hopefully I'll get a new one and we'll try again.
KC has said his first words!!! It is so cute to hear his little voice. I just can't get enough of that kid. He is so adorable. His first official word other than Mommy, is Uh-oh. I hear this all day long. He loves dropping things over and over and saying uh oh each time. It is so cute. Although it does complicate meal time a bit. I have to remember to only give him one piece of food at a time or it all ends up on the floor with an uh oh after each piece falls. He has said one other thing but I can't seem to get him to do it again, he just laughs at me when I try. Yesterday Evelyn was over and we were getting ready to feed our babies luck while the big kids played in the back yard. Natalie (Evelyns baby girl) was getting some cut up banana, while KC was getting most delicious chicken and star baby food from a jar. Well I guess the bananas were more appealing because instead of letting me feed him he was reaching for Natalies food saying "nana, nana." You'd think hes been saying forever it was so clear and it was very clear that he wanted the bananas. So he was happy when the jar was put away and he got his very own "nana". I can't say that I blame him. Have you smelt that baby food? Yuck!
So I am very excited. I have a new program specifically for cake orders. Yes I'm sure the same thing could be accomplished using a spreadsheet, but I'm just not clever enough, or patient enough to figure that out. So this program is called Cake Boss. It lets you input your recipes and calculate all the costs. It makes invoices and tracks everything for you. I am excit4ed because I find that I usually under charge and end up paying to make other peoples cakes for them. This way I can calculate the actual cost, and input an hourly charge for my time. This way I can actually make some money!! I'll let you know how it goes. I have 3 orders so far for the rest of this month, 2 in June, and 2 so far in July, oh and KC's bday cake too. I'm trying not to do too much so that I can still give my family all the time that they deserve, but it is exciting to have a few going on. i figure every thing I do now helps me learn so when the day comes that my kids are in school and such I can spend my days with cakes. And since that day is years away I have lots of time to learn. Did you know that a cake by Duff (Ace of Cakes) starts at $500, and they run $8 a serving or more!! That's insane. I only wish that one day I could charge that kind of money. Wow.
3 comments:
How cute! Just picturing KC saying all those things is adorable. I'd heard that Charm City Cakes cost even more than that - it's crazy. And then people don't even want to cut them! I always wonder how their cakes actually taste. It seems like they spend a LOT more time decorating than on flavor! You'll get there - your cakes are great!
Hmmm...you'd probably have to move to charge that kind of money. :) I can't see Utahns paying that for cake! I'm glad you're happy with your cake organizing program! I love to be organized (and spreadsheets are just tedious to make), so I totally understand the excitement over having something specifically geared toward your "profession." :)
Way to talk KC! I don't blame you for wanting bananas rather than baby food either. :) Yes, Kari, I have smelled baby food, and even tasted it once for a baby shower game. It's nasty. No wonder babies screw up their faces when we start feeding them solid foods. It's not just something new...it's something new and nasty! :) Well, can't wait to see your pictures from your vacation.
I watched several episodes of Ace of Cakes last night - thinking of you :) DJ and I were wondering how much those cakes cost.....Crazy! But with the time they spend on them.....!
Post a Comment