The camera was out of batteries at the beginning of the process, but I still caught a few construction pictures.
Attaching the slats was a little harder than we thought it would be, in an effort to drill in the screws the drill started smoking and smelling really bad, and the battery powered drill wouldn't even start to turn. So we started nailing the boards. Then we gave in and went and got a drill with enough power to get the job done.
The chimenea :) It was the last one left at home depot and has a little crack so we got a discount :) But then we read on the intructions not to use it on a deck, hmmmm, do you think we can just make a little platform from stone or brick for it to sit on on the deck and be ok?
10 comments:
That is an awesome deck! I'm so impressed! And I can't wait to see how the sprinklers go. It's fun to see all that you're going through as new-home owners. :) I love all the projects. :)
Oh, I love the deck. That was a great find and will add so much to your place and summer fun.
That deck looks awesome! Good job you guys!
If you want to do things for that bake sale, you can bring them here and I'll drop them off to the family. I won't be at the auction, but I can get it to the right people. Thank you SO much!
Traci
Hey t looks great. I relly like the redwood arond it. It really gives it a finished look. I don't know what you even do with the chimney thing. Don't burn up your deck though. What is it for anyway? Do you plan on sitting out there in the cold?
It turned out sweet! Great job, it was nice to see you guys this weekend. It's even more fun that we're all coming back so soon.
It looks so nice! The chiminea will be lots of fun for you, we love ours!! The kids know how to be careful around it too. I believe you can out a "plate" kinda thing under it, it may make it safer. Maybe build a lottle step from rock to put it on. I can't wait to see the yard!
Looks like you're going through the same thing we do... Although we're done for awhile... We still need a nice grill but can't find the one that we really like for the price, so I guess it'll have to wait... Besides it's T., so people don't really grill anyways... :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out... :)
Great job, you guys...on everything; finding such a great deal, figuring out how to put it together, and the finised project is awesome!
It looks really good kari, nice job!
Post a Comment