

Castle Cake
Here's this weeks project. A princess castle cake. I think I've decided that birthday cakes just aren't my thing. I'd much rather do a wedding cake, I think they are easier. When it comes to a birthday cake or other celebration cake I just feel so uncreative. I'll probably still do birthday cakes if people want them, but I'm glad I don't get a lot of requests for them. This one was fun just because I haven't had a lot of chances to do cakes for little girls, so I enjoyed that. Id you look closely I used an impression mat to add a cobblestone appearance to the cake. It was a little tricky since it was done in buttercream and I would have much rather used fondant for all of it, but it was fun thing to try. The turets are plastic covered with fondant.
6 comments:
such a stinking cool cake! I love it!
Kari! I have seen a lot of castle cakes, and this is honestly the best one I've ever seen. I love it!
Very cute. I bet the little girl loved it. what did Parker think?
That cake is amazing. I wish I had your talent.
You're saying that your imagination isn't active with this cake? Really. Rose vines climbing the turrets, crenelations on the walls. This is a dream cake. Heck, I want it for my birthday. Silly girl. You make magic.
You. Are. Kidding me. Um... one time I made my daughter a round birthday cake.
Post a Comment