Monday, August 4, 2008

Cake Camp

Cake camp was awesome. I had so much fun and can't wait till the next time I can go to something like this. I only wish I'd been able to take more classes, but the ones I did take were so fun. Here are a few pics. Do you recognize these guys from the Food network?!?!?
Here I am with Norman Davis and Zane Beg!!!

Colette Peters!!!

It was so cool to meet so many people that have done so much in the cake business. I felt like I had finally arrived as a real cake designer, or as Norm says we should call ourselves, Sugar Artist. Everyone was so nice and willing to answer any questions we had and I learned so much from themHere we are at the big banquet we had friday night.

There are some more pictures, but not a lot so this is all I'm going to post for now. The rest are on my facebook page if you want to see them :)

5 comments:

Regan said...

That's so cool! I've been anxious to hear how it went! I definitely recognize those guys from Food Network. You look great and that is a gorgeous cake, as always!

Ginna said...

I bet you had a blast! I'm glad you got to go. How fun. And you look FABulous in all those photos. So pretty!

Sarah said...

I was thinking about you and hoping you were having fun! Looks like you were. Jadyn's new favorite channel is the food network, it's a little odd to me, but I have seen those guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! How awesome! What a cool opportunity. Did you make that adorable cake you are holding wiht Colette Peters? I love it!

K said...

The camp sounds so fun. I took a couple of horse classes and really enjoyed that, too. Fun to be your own little self just doing something you love to do. Home is a bump, but reality is good, too. Hope you learned tons. How proud I am of you for striving for excellence!