Not to much has been going on here, but I thought I'd better do a quick update since its been a few weeks. I got the last cake done, sorry no pic, the photographer at the wedding is going to send one to me so when I get that I'll post it. After that we went to Delta for Thanksgiving. I love going down there for holidays, although its a much different experience now that I have to take my own kids and don't just get to be the kid. But it's still fun. The day after thanksgiving we went to St. George with Mom and Dad. It was such a fun weekend.
The kids got spoiled rotten, I got a good start on my Christmas shopping, we all got to get a way for a few days and enjoy being away from all the busyess at home. While my schedule has slowed down till the end of the month when the cakes start again, Aaron has been really really busy with work and the end of the school semester so it feels like we never have any time. I love Christmas, but I'm looking forward to the end of all the holiday stuff so we can have a few days to breathe.
The baby is getting bigger and more squirmy, its getting harder to sleep now without being kicked and feeling the little guy turning somersaults in my belly. Its fun, but at the same time kinda irritating when I just want to go to sleep. Parker got to feel the baby move the other day through my belly and he was a little worried about what was going on. He kept asking me what was wrong with my tummy that it was pushing on his hand like that. It'll be funny to see what he thinks when you can actually see it moving around a bunch. We had another ultrasound, the official one for the dr. this time, and it's still very much a boy. I'm getting exited for another cute boy now, and even more excited that there is a good possibility that this could be the last one :) Although every pregnant woman says this is the last time while she pregnant doesn't she? We aren't ready to say 100% that we're done after this, but I know it will be a long time if we do have anymore. And as much as I like babies, I don't love the baby years. The long nights and constant demands are so hard and I'm a little nervous about starting all over again. I keep thinking about how hard those few months after the baby is born are and I'm dreading going through it all. I'm hoping this next time will be better since Aaron is healthy this time and I'm a little more prepared knowing that there is a high probability that I'll get postpartum depression again and I can try to do things to help it before it even starts. But anyways, I am excited to hold the little guy and see what he looks like.
Other news is that KC is almost completely potty trained now!!! It's been slow going since my last post about it, he went through a lot of cycles of wanting to do it, and then not caring at all, so we didn't really work on it too much. But last week he got really interested again and was telling me he had to go a lot, and not just for poo poo this time. I don't know what it is with my kids, but they hate poopy diapers and first thing they learned with the potty training is pooping on the potty. I am so thankful for that! But now KC no longer wanted wet diapers either and was getting excited about the potty. So I decided to just start putting him in his underwear to see how he did and he's been great!! We even went out for 4 hours tonight and he was in underwear the whole time! He even went on the potty for me while we were out without freaking out about the big toilet. He's getting better at holding it longer so we aren't going into the bathroom every 5 mins, and it's so cute when he comes to me and says "Mommy, help me go potty?"
I'm still putting diapers on him at night, I might try in a few days, or weeks, to let him wear his underwear through the night and see how he does, we'll see. I'm so proud of him and so excited to have a few months of no diapers!!!! I can't believe I've been so lucky to have boys that potty trained so easily and at only 2.5!! I know that's very unusual and it's been more them than anything I've done that's for sure.
Tonight we took the kids shopping and let them get each other Christmas presents. It was so fun!! At first Parker was whining because he wanted to get a toy for him, but after a few minutes he stopped and starting looking for things Kc would like. He wanted all the big things of course, so I helped him look at the price tags and see what number we were looking for, we only let him spend 5$, so he could pick something that we be okay. I tried to help make suggestions, but in the end he found something perfect for KC and all by himself. It was so fun to see him learn to think about what KC really likes and not just himself. When we were done I gave him his money and he put the present up on the counter and gave the girl the money all by himself. He was so proud, I loved it. It's so wonderful to have kids at Christmas, there's nothing better.
So that's about it here! Sorry this was a bit longer than I anticipated. I'm getting excited for Kelly and Lechelle to get here is a few weeks for Christmas and for all the time off that Aaron has coming up.
Oh and one last note, I talked to the husband of the girl I did the big stressful cake for and he said the nicest things about the cake. They all loved it and thought it was fabulous :) It's rare that I hear anything from someone after I do their cake so its always fun to get a good review. I love knowing that they loved their wedding cake, because after all, how many of those do you really get? It's so fun to be able to be a part of such an important day for so many different people.
2 comments:
Good update Kari. I think you pretty much covered it all. We are so proud of KC too. What a big boy he is getting.
It was fun to see you last night. thanks for coming.
I also love having kids around during Christmas - it makes the holidays really magical again! So, you are due in April? How fun that you've been feeling the little guy! I am excited to get our ultrasound soon and start feeling him move. And I totally know what you mean about how hard the baby years are - I keep telling Sean that I think 2 kids is a great number! Guess we'll see what happens! Your cakes look beautiful as always! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment