Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Mexico

Last weekend we loaded everyone up and headed to New Mexico to visit Kris and Ginna for a few days. We had the best time and can't wait to visit again sometime. Aside from getting to visit with Kris and family, the next best thing was that the kids were SO GOOD in the car! It took us about 11 hours to get there, split over 2 days, and 12.5 hours to get home (all in one day) and we had very little fighting or irritating stuff. We only had one incident of car sickeness that luckily was easily cleaned up, and we managed to do it without DVD players or millions of toys and snacks. It was amazing. And I managed to only get 1 speeding ticket (on the way home) what road trip would be complete without one?




 We got there saturday and just enjoyed the day together at their great house and the kids had such a good time playing together. I love that Max and Parker are so close in age, makes it really fun to get together. Just wait till they are all big enough to run around, it's going to be so crazy!
 

Quintin and the Sandman







Movie time

We got to see Kris's dental practice and some fun sights around town. We even went to a cool park with a super big slide!


um, do I count as a "special patient"? We're so proud of you Kris

Dentistry for Kids waiting area

KC testing Uncle Kris's chair


Dr. Kris in his front waiting room




Perfect for the monkeys



Now that's what I call a slide




Isn't this a crazy bunch of boys?

We really had such a good time. Thanks again for letting us come Ginna and Kris, I sure do love you guys. I wish we all lived closer to each other so we could spend time together more often, but at least we can visit.

2 comments:

Ginna said...

Fun fun! Lots of great pictures. We had tons of fun with youguys, it was so nice that the kids could just play and play and we hardly had to worry about them. And I realized when youguys left that they were outside at least 3/4 of the time. How great is that?!

I can't believe how huge that slide is in the pictures. So cool!

Thanks for taking the trouble to come and see us, it means a lot. :)

K said...

They had a really great time, too. That's what they said behind your backs!! YiPEEE!!