Thursday, April 26, 2007

#2





I decided to do this in 2 entries because I have a hard time adding all the pics and getting them where I want in just one huge post so here we go again. This week Parker has a super hero day at preschool. They were each given a letter to use and Parker had Z. I didn't remember until about 30min before the morning of so I dug up some fabric and made a quick cape and mask for him. We also sewed and patch to his shirt. It was cute. All the kids were so excited. We might have to do dress up more often.
KC is everywhere!! He is pulling himself up on everything and walking along stuff now. I can't believe how fast he is growing. but he is such a doll, I just can't get enough of him, well except at 5 in the morning, I get a little too much then. :). His most recent discovery is the piano. He's found he can reach the keys and thinks it great that they make noise. He follows me all over the house like a little puppy, I love it. And Parker is learning to share a bit more. Expecially at nap time. :) Sometimes I go in their room and find the crib full of toys and poor little KC stuck in one corner not sure what to do. He loves the attention from his big brother though, and its so fun to watch them together.
Today I got a new treasure from free cycle. A bunk bed. its the kind with a single on top and a futon on the bottom. We need to get a futon matress, and paint it all, but it will be fun to have, We are going to put it in our tv room so we have a couch in there and also will have extra bed when, if ever, we have company. So you are all officially invited to come stay. :)

Monday was Kennys birthday, my bro that past away. He would have been only 22. It was a hard day having all my family gone, except my little family here of course. But we went to Kennys grave that night for family night and took some flowers. Then we got icecream. I can't believe it has been almost 2 years already. Seems so long, but so short at the same time. I miss him a lot. The other day I was talking and caught myself saying something that totaly reminded me of Kenny. Just the way he talked and his expressions. Its hard to think that he really is gone and I won't see him again in this life. He was such a fun guy. And I remember he gave the best hugs, really big strong hugs. Like he really loved you and didn't mind at all hugging like some guys do. Its just not the same without him.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Good job with the cakes AND the costume! Parker looks SOOOO excited!

Shersy said...

That costume looks great for such a short time period! I had a friend die back in '99 - and still she comes to mind from time to time. I'm so glad for the gospel - and the knowledge that we will see and love them again!

Anonymous said...

The picture of you at Kenny's grave were really nice. I am glad you were ablt to go that day. SOrry we wern't here to share it with you. I love you Love Mom