Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm back

Well, I'm not very good at keeping up on this. I don't know how you all find time to post everyday or read everybody else's. This week has been good, much better than the last. Everyone is healthy finaly and doing really good. I even got a free day today!!! My parent took the kids overnight last night and kept them until after 5:00 tonight. It was so great. I had all sorts of plan to fill the day, but I ended up in the kitchen for about all of it. But thats okay, I was having lots of fun.

I was able to start and finish the cake for Julies shower on Saturday. It took a long time, like 6hrs or more, but I love it!!! It was so fun to do and the candy decorations I made to put on it turned out just the way I wanted. It feels good to have it done. Expecially since we have a busy few days ahead of us. I did a cake last week for Aaron office again. It was a scuba theme. I found a mold that I used to make the sea creatures from fondant. Then I painted them with food coloring.I was looking back on all my cake pics so far as I organized all our digital pics tonight, and I can't believe how some of the first look. Its amazing what a few months practice and some confidence can do. This is so fun, but expensive. I wish I could find more people to do cakes for, even just for the cost of the ingredients so I could get more practice. Tonight as I finished I had one litle cake left over and so Parker and I put some frosting on it and he covered it with gummie worms and candles. After dinner we even sang happy birthday. He was so excited. he loves to pretned he is making cake and that it is his birthday. Here is a pic of a cake he made with his playdough. It is fun to see him play and mimic me. Who knows, maybe he'll grow up to be the next Duff. (Ace of Cakes)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Parker looks so cute with his...It looks like I won't be able to come over, but will be thinking of all of you... love grandma

Kari said...

Wow Grandma your up late!

Shersy said...

Parker is looking so grown up! What a fun project for him - making his own cakes! We look forward to seeing you sometime this summer!