Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Sickies

Yesterday Morning Parker started to feel yucky, fever, tummy ache, all that flu stuff that is so miserable. Mostly he just layed around all day, slept, watched movies and wanted to cuddle. I thought that this was bad, until about midnight. That's when KC started crying. I ventured into the room and smelled something not so delightful, picked up the baby to smell his diaper and got a face full of throw up instead. yum..
So the rest of the night I got to spend holding KC and making sure he wasn't choking on his vomit, today we are all trying to re coop. Aaron was so wonderful to stay home and let me get some sleep this morning, now hes in bed, I think he may have a touch of it too. Parker is still not quite himself, and KC, while very stinky, and not able to keep food down, is happy as can be and into everything. poor kids, I feel so bad when they are sick. but I'm glad I get to be here with them and help them feel better.


Aaron update--- Since starting the remicade over a month ago now Aaron has gained 15lbs!!! I'm sure mostly its the medicine helping him, but maybe a little too much cake as well. :) He's feeling great, other than the flu, and we are really enjoying him. He's taken up golfing and really have fun with it when he gets a chance to go. Our days are pretty busy with all the stuff I fill them up with, but occasionally he gets s night out. It's been good for him to find a fun hobby. We also found out this week that he was accepted to the MPA program at UofU. he has decided not to do it, but it's always nice to be accepted. he is starting a MBA program through University of Phoenix in 2 weeks. it should take about 1.5-2 years to complete and will just be 1 night a week of class, and lots of nights of homework :) I am proud of him for taking the initiative to go back though and get more education since that can only benefit us in the future. besides hes a smart guy and I think he'll do well.
we are discovering the fun of medical bills like we never imagined before. We always though the other meds were expensive, but Remicade is in a class of its own. for his first 2 treatments they billed our insurance 11,000$!!! For each one!!! Luckily we have a contracted amount much lower, but still I can't believe it could cost that much money. We are going to be receiving some assistance through a program we found, but they won't pay for the first 2 since they were before our approval date. and hopefully the money we get there will be enough for most of the rest of the years treatments, we think. until then we now have about 4K in bills to find a way to pay for. Its crazy. Luckily we are so blessed with a great family and they are going to help us. And I am doing day care a few days a week so that is bringing in extra already. I can't imagine how people do it when they have major health costs and no one to help them, it really is amazing how fast it all adds up. I can't even begin to express the gratitude I have for the people who have helped us over the last few years. You are incredible.

6 comments:

Regan said...

I hope everyone gets feeling better soon, and that you don't get it! Great news about Aaron - all of it.

Shersy said...

Glad that Aaron is doing better! Sorry that it's so expensive - but so glad that you've found a program to help. Love you so - wish you were closer ;)

Becky said...

Hope everyone gets better fast! And thanks for the recommendation on the book, Kari. It's helping a lot getting ready for my presentation.

Liz said...

Hey! Sorry I never called back. I don't do so well on the phone when my kids are awake...too much going on and I like to be able to focus on the conversation. :) Email works better for me. Or blogging. I just started and I'm already addicted! :) I'm glad that Aaron's doing better. Dan is also golfing a lot lately. It started a couple of years ago with his parents, but he seriously obsessed with it now. Oh well, like you said Aaron, it's nice for him to have a hobby. Love your updates!

Sarah said...

Hope everyone can take the weekend and feel better. We're sorry we won't get to see everyone here but we're always here if you need us. Way to go Aaron with being accepted and the meds and all. It's great!

Anonymous said...

We edned up at the Dr. with Parker today, he has bronchitis. Poor guy, I'm glad he isn't getting your kids sick Sarah.