Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter











I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! I know we did. We also decided that the Easter bunny would come on Saturday with all the fun egg hunts and stuff. The kids were cute in the morning. Parker was excited that "That Easter man with the big tall ears" came to visit and brought him fun candy and new things to play with. He got some play dough and a set of animal parts to stick in it to make zoo animals. He loves it! and KC got a toy hippo that laughs and clicks and other things. I think Parker ate all his candy before breakfast, but when else do you get free reign over the candy as a kid. Saturday morning we also got together with some friends and had an egg hunt in our backyard. There was about 7 kids and it was lots of fun. I think I liked it better than fighting the crowds at the public ones. And the kids actually got some eggs. It was so fun watching them run around and find them. And it will be nice next year when we don't have to just hold KC the whole time to keep him from eating the grass and dirt. That afternoon we went to my aunts for dinner and another egg hunt. In between all the fun we tried to do a little yard work, we are trying to get our garden ready to plant. Its really big though so its taking a lot more work than we really thought. But it will be worth it in the end right?
Sunday Parker got to wear his new suit, and KC had an adorable new Easter outfit from Grandma and Grandpa. Aaron even got new clothes. We went to my parents after church and had dinner with family and had a really fun time. I made an Easter cake that turned out really well. The best so far actually. It was really yummy too. I am taking another Wilton class and learning a lot. The instructor has given me lots of tips too about making the actual cake that have really helped a lot. Its fun to feel like I am making some progress.
Anyway, we have a busy week ahead of us. Today I start babysitting a couple of kids. It will be about 10hrs a week. A 2 1/2 yr old and a 15m old. I hope it goes well. We also have preschool this morning, visiting teaching, then the kids come over. After that we are having a quick dinner then family night with the neighbors downstairs to plan the garden. And then i have a girl coming ever to meet with me about doing her wedding cake in July. Hopefully today will be our busiest day, but knowing me its just a start. But at the end of the week we are off to St. George with my parents for my moms b-day. The pool is open at their condo so we are looking forward to some relaxation.
Well that's about all, if the week isn't too crazy maybe I'll post some more, but probably will be next week.

4 comments:

Becky said...

These are wonderful pictures - and great memories! Sounds like you have a BUSY week. Good luck!

Liz said...

Kari, your kids are so cute and I love the cake! You're awesome! I can't believe how busy you are. But, knowing you, you are probably thriving on it. Have a great week, and, yes, let's get together!

Anonymous said...

Kari,
That suit is adorable! I should've bought one too!!
I really like your cake too it looks great! Did you make the bunny on the top? I think you should just do cakes full-time, forget the babysitting!! Really, 4 crying kids or a messy kitchen?? haha

Regan said...

So many cute pictures! The one of your family is really great.