Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Obama

I'm sure I'm not alone being glued to the tv tonight to see what would happen with the elections. And I'm sure there are many of you that are disappointed in the outcome, but I have to say that I am excited.
I'm excited to be able to witness such a historic event and to know that with all that our country has been through we have come far enough to be able to look past race in such an important decision.
Sure there are things about Obama that I disagreed with, same with McCain, and it was a hard decision for me when I went to vote. But I'm glad that Obama won, and glad that I was able to vote for him today. And I'm looking forward with hope and anticipation to see where our country is headed. I'm sure there are a lot of hard times to come, but that would be the same no matter who won. Obama has a lot of expectations to live up to and I hope that he can do it. But no matter what some may say I think this was the right move, even with my limited knowledge of the political world. And I'm excited.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Way to go Kari. I am glad to see that you actually voted. I am glad to see that all my kids took advantage of their right to vote. I didnt' always appreciate it like I do now but i do think it is important. It is an exciting time. Lets hope for the best. Love you

K said...

I'm also glad that you voted. And I, too, hope for the best. Though I am not as excited as you are, dear one. But we will all pray for our leaders to develop wisdom over the years, and to lead carefully, hearkening to the spirit of God.

Freckles said...

You voted for who???! Just kidding! It is exciting nontheless, even though that's not who I would have voted for had I not had puking kids that day! Hey, thanks again for dinner! You're awesome!!!!

Ken Hendricks said...

Yes this is a hopeful and historic election. I felt this way for Kennedy and again for Reagan. It's good that the majority of people also feel that the country needs to change its direction towards more hnumanity and accountability.