Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eggs Anyone?


 Meet the new ladies in our family.


We have 8 chickens in our backyard







We built their coop from scrap wood we had laying around and some materials we found in the dumpster by the new houses they are building by us. They are all only a few months old now but in another few months they should start laying eggs ; ) We are going to have way more than we can use though so if you live nearby you can expect to get some I'm sure. The kids are having a great time with them and I'm excited. I love a new adventure.


2 comments:

K said...

We've thought about that. But this close to the river, it's scary - we have mink and raccoons and all kinds of chicken-loving critters. I don't think my heart could take the worry. Bad enough with horses and small dogs - but neither of those lay -

The Biggs said...

When do they start laying chicken???