Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New -Old Carpet

 This was my carpet. Not terrible, but not particularly great either. This part looks pretty good because it's been covered with a rug for the last 5 years. The rest was not so pretty, even with frequent cleanings you can imagine what 4 boys can do to carpet. 

I never liked the color and the quality was so no great. Then we got new neighbors. The house is much bigger than ours but the layout similar. The previous owners built the house, lived there 4 years, only had 1 small child when they left, and were practically never home. So the carpet was in really good condition. 
The new neighbors wanted laminate flooring on the main floor so out went the carpet and up went a facebook post offering the carpet for free to whoever wanted to come get it.
 So say good bye to the old carpet. So long, I'm not sad to see you go. I was surprised at the amount of debris that was left on the floors when they laid the carpet originally. Thanks Fieldstone contractors. It's awesome that you left us a few spare screws and lots of piles of plaster and junk.
 Enter new to us carpet. I LOVE it. We replaced the pad with some that actually feels like there is padding and after hiring one guy to lay it who never followed thru we found a great flooring guy who came right away when I called in a panic needing it done asap. Bare floors and tack strips don't mix well with toddlers. 
After a few hrs he was done and we even had enough to cover the stairs. Now to save up to replace the rest upstairs

2 comments:

K said...

I can remember realizing that we needed new carpet when I found myself walking over little hills - and when we took the old carpet up, there were actually little sand hills under it. That was with two girls and two boys - I can only imagine what you found under yours with your population.

Annie said...

Hi Kari!
It was fun to read your updates. Your new carpet looks great! It was so nice talking with you when we saw you in July. I hope your family is doing well!