Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ready for another one???!

Our Summer Staycation

With money being tight thanks to our horrible money management, medical bills, and a job change, we couldn't go on any vacations this summer. But Aaron's new job has a summer party at Lagoon every summer and he started just in time for us to be able to go. So Grandma Kathy let Clay and Quinn have a sleepever at her house and we took Parker and KC on an adventure.

It started in Ogden. We played in the pool, slept in a gross and noisy hotel with beds and pillows that felt like laying on a pile of bunched up stuffing, and not the really soft kind. But beds nontheless so can't complain to much.

 



















First thing in the morning we headed out to Hill Air Force Base 
to see the Aerospace Museum. Which I have to recommend. It's FREE, and so cool!! A boys paradise for sure. We saw planes and helicopters from as far back as the first planes ever made and we took pictures in the photo booth, because who doesn't like a photo booth after all. 


 


















 
Then we left and went to Lagoon! I've only been a few times, the last being when I was newly pregnant with Quinn and didn't know yet. I wondered why I was getting nauseated so quickly. 
We had a blast. The boys loved the rides. I liked meeting some of Aaron's new coworkers, we got free lunch, went in the water park, and walked till our feet throbbed. It was a long day but so fun. I can't wait to go back next year. And of course the kids are already talking about what we'll do then. 










1 comment:

K said...

Looks like TONS of fun. Really, you don't need to "go" on vacation as much as exercise a little imagination and energy. Which we rarely did. What a mess of stuff you did!