Every year we can we go to Delta for the 4th of July. You may wonder why someone would go to Delta of all places, but what you don't know is that the 4th in Delta is the coolest ever. There's a sweet parade, a big family lunch, and then the demolition derby.




We didn't get any pics at the derby, but it was great. Hot bleachers stuffed with 3 xs as many people as they should be, water fights, squirmy kids, and nice juicy derby burgers. Oh and a snow cone from grandpa, you can't forget that. KC got to stay back at grandmas with his grandma, maybe next year we'll take him.
My grandparents live there and we've been going most every year for as long as I can remember and its my favorite holiday tradition out of the whole year. I love to see all my family that come for it and now that I can bring my own kids its even better.
So here are some picture highlights from our trip :)
Here we are at grandmas out in the "barn" guest house waiting to go to the parade, note the SWEET hair do's.

Check out the jets that fly over before the parade starts
Candy!!!





Check out the jets that fly over before the parade starts
Candy!!!


In years past we would go to the "Res" the town resevoir and spend the afternoon. My dad would bring his boat and we would ski and tube all day. It was fun, expecially with the killer sunburn I always seemed to get. So this year we decided to take the kids over to give them their own "res" experience, minus the boat and all the extra people. KC LOVED it. He could have stayed all day. Parker lasted about 15 mins, and then he decided it was making him dirty, and we can't have that now can we. So we didn't stay long, but it was fun while it lasted.




We didn't get any pics at the derby, but it was great. Hot bleachers stuffed with 3 xs as many people as they should be, water fights, squirmy kids, and nice juicy derby burgers. Oh and a snow cone from grandpa, you can't forget that. KC got to stay back at grandmas with his grandma, maybe next year we'll take him.
5 comments:
The legendary Delta 4th!! Great to see the pictures. Loved the do's. And you have jets in Delta?/??
Really, I'm a teensy bit jealous you have a wonderful tradition like that...and the hair is awesome (way to rock, Parker and KC!)
Love the hair do's!! That is awesome! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
The mohawks are fantastic! Too bad my kids are buzzed or I'd try something like that. :) Your 4th of July sounds great. I'm glad you guys had a good time!
I am seriously bummed that I missed July 4th in Delta. Parade, The Res and the Derby...it's so fun! I miss it! Glad you guys had a fun time, and I love the boy's hair! Did Aaron get the same do?? ;)
Post a Comment