Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Parker's new friend

With Evelyn out of town this week, and us gone the week before we've had to branch out and make some more friends so we aren't too lonely. This little boy lives 2 doors down from us and Parker LOVES him. He's a few years older, which is why I think they play so well together. Its so nice for Parker to be able to just run over there to see if he can play. They love to swim in the pool, the best part is that Jesus loves to splash and run around crazy just as much as Parker does. They are a perfect match :) No crying or fighting, just lots and lots of fun.
They also really like to ride bikes together. I like that he's having so much fun, but on the other hand they want to go all over! Up and down the street, in the street, around the block, and so on. It makes me SUPER nervous. Parker has a helmet and we put up big orange signs that tell people to watch for kids playing, but still. Why can't they just ride around in circles in the garage? Urgh, and really, I can only yell at Parker to stay on the sidewalk about 100xs before I go crazy. And I don't want to not let him play. Good thing we don't have much traffic down here and he knows to look before he goes in the road. At least I hope he is. !
The only downside to our new friend is that his mom doesn't speak much english, and I don't speak much spanish, so we can't really communicate with each other. We're going to Jesus' birthday party this sunday and I'm afraid I might feel a little left out not being able to talk to anyone, at least Aaron speaks Spanish and he can be my translator. With so many hispanic families in our neighbrhood, I just might need to learn a little more spanish so I can talk to them. I guess I could say I wish they would learn more english, but maybe if we both try to learn a little more we'll have more luck :)

Here are some pics of Parker and Jesus playing in the pool.





Yeah for friends!!!

6 comments:

Shersy said...

I should make a set of my "cheat" tags with Spanish hints and helps on them. It really does help. Plus - you could add more tags as needed! I'll work on having one for you when we see you in August :)

Ginna said...

Looks like fun! It's so nice to have a friend close, that's for sure!

K said...

Wow. I almost remember those days, myself. That feeling of friends and water and bikes.

Kathy said...

That really does look like fun and it is good he and Parker get along so well. I never liked the feeling of no control when kids think they are old enough to do whatever they want. Good luck with that.

Becky said...

Oh, a special good friend is so fun!

Stephanie said...

I agree, friends rock! You can't help but smile when you look at these pictures of them having so much fun :D