Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday My Big Boy!!




Wow, 2 years have gone too fast! Happy Birthday sweetheart! Kc's birthday has been such a fun day. We came down to St. George last night to spend a few days with my parents and the kids are loving it. They practically idolize my dad so they were really REALLY excited to get here. And so far Grandpa has not disappointed :)


We started the day with presents from Mommy and Daddy. This was really fun this year since we told grandma and grandpa to not give toys. (my way of assuring that I can give the COOLEST gift :) )


Kc was spoiled with a new tricycle and helmet, an airplane toy by Little People, and a Tickle Me Elmo from Parker. He likes to carry Elmo around and calls him Elmo Baby. He has a bigger Elmo too so I guess he thinks the small one is a baby. Its pretty funny to watch him try to tickle Elmo and then get scared when it starts to dance around lol.




We had plans to go over to the indoor pool around noon, but still had plenty of time to burn before hand so we enjoyed the condo pool too. Kc just wants to jump off the side the whole time so he got worn out pretty fast.


Then after lunch we went to Sand Hallow pool. It was great! They have a big water slide that Parker was tall enough to go down by himself and he did a great job of swimming to the side after he got to the bottom. Kc liked the big slide too, but the little frog one was more his size.




After a few hours of swimming fun we had to call it quits when someone puked in the pool. Yeah, gross.

Tonight we had dinner at the Pizza Factory and then home for birthday cake compliments of Harmon's. I know, its lame that I didn't make him a cake myself, but I did so many in June, I got a little burned out and I'm enjoying a month off. And lucky for me Kc doesn't know the difference or care right now. The cake was not very tasty though, so I guess there are some trade offs.

So now for a some great playtime with grandpa before bedtime. And then Parker, Daddy and Grandpa get to go to the movie and see Kung Fu Panda. Mom and I are hoping the thunderstorms pass us by so we can put Kc to bed and go out to the pool.

So its been a fun day. I know I'm biased, but I just have to say that Kc is pretty much the cutest kid around. Just thinking about him makes me smile and laugh. I'm so glad that he came to our family and that we get to enjoy watching him grow. It only gets better as he grows older because him and Parker have more and more fun learning to play together. (Never mind that they are fighting right as I type this)

Here's a flashback for you of the last few years with our sweet little guy.






Happy Birthday Kc!!! We love you so much!!

6 comments:

Ginna said...

yay! happy birthday to cute little KC. Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Regan said...

Very cute pictures! It sounds like a wonderful birthday! And I think my parents were at The Pizza Factory last night with Sarah's kids!

K said...

Looks like your dad has been out in the sun and your mom is loving those kids like crazy (I mean, your dad looks like that, too). Loved the wig and the cake. Want a Karie cake right now. But can't have it. Not till I lose this ten pounds . . .

Freckles said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait till friday when I get to have my mom spoil my kids and babysit!! We have to hang out on thursday or we will be having withdraws! haha. Why couldn't you just leave the same week we did Kari?! : )

By the way...that was the most disgusting picture I have ever seen! Thanks. haha

I can't believe that baby picture is KC!! Parker looks so big in it, I thought it was someone else's baby! They are all so cute, he has gotten big huh?! How sad that they grow so fast!

Liz said...

I love the side note about them fighting as you are typing about their undying love for each other. :) That's so my boys. Looks like a great birthday! No 2-year-old could ask for more and I'm sure Anders' birthday in November will be pale by comparison. :)

P.S. You deserved a break! Thank you, Harmons. :)

Joan said...

WWHAT A BLAST OF A BIRTHDAY>>>>
Love all the pictures... Love to ALL