I got stung by a wasp tonight. It was really scary. I hate hate Hate wasps and bees, they terrify me. This may seem ridiculous considering I'd never been stung by either before today. Now I'm even more scared, I may never go in the back yard again. The worst part was that it went in my shirt and stung my back, so to get it off me I had to take off my shirt and find it. Which meant actually seeing it touching me. I was pretty much hysterical, didn't help that Aaron wasn't home, and Parker was looking at me like I'd lost my mind.
On a brighter note
Kc had his 2 year check up today. 10% percentile for weight, no big surprise there, 75% for height. Not as tall as Parker was at this age (hes always been in the 95% for his height) but just as skinny. He had to get a few shots but since Aaron took him to the appt. I didn't have to see him cry. Not half an hour later he acts like nothing ever happen :) I'm not quite as tough as he is, its been an hour since my wasp sting and I'm still a little teary.
5 comments:
oh no!! A wasp sting how horrible and scary! If I were you I'd still be sniffly too.
One time my mom had a wasp stinging her on her back in the car, and it was just her and us kids. I had to vault up over the middle bench seat to save her. My whole family is petrified of wasps and bees.
Your kids are so skinny! It's so funny that they're in the 10th percentile for weight. Such sticks!
I am so glad you are doing better. Kari scared me to death when she called me right after it happened and she was crying and the first words out of her mouth were "Something really bad just happened." My heart sunk as I braced myself for really bad news and then she tells me the details of her wasp stings. I was so relieved no one had died or was really seriously injured that I guess I was not as sympathetic as I could have been but I would not have liked to be stung either. So sorry Kari for not acting like it was the end of the world for you but you know things can be worse. Right? Be careful out there and get some wasp catchers for your backyard.
Ouch! So sorry about your sting. That isn't fun at all! Hope you can figure out how to keep them out of the yard.
The WASPS build Their nests in under the eaves of the house. They can be quite small nests but check all along. If you have a porch check that out. Also check under and around your deck. They have a spray (can) at Wal-mart..That works really GREAT. Just keep checking, because they will come back, unless you can knock down the nest-The best time to spray is just before dusk, then they are all back in the nest.
Hope you are feeling better.
How weird!! Two people got stung on their way into our studio this week. Then G's brother, Q had a bee FLY INTO HIS MOUTH (which was full of pudding, luckily, which came right out onto the ground with the bee in it). Later, while he was gardening, he KNELT on a bee and got stung anyway. Now you!! It's SOMETHING GLOBAL. I'm going to have to write about this myself. Shoot. maybe I'll just steal my own comment and use it in my journal.
Look for the nest Kari. As a person whose entire family was once swarmed by an angry nest of wasps, I can tell you, one sting is a small thing - but give a nest the chance to grow, and your kids will end up with more than you ever wanted to think about.
Post a Comment