Saturday, January 24, 2009

Transformers...more than meets the eye...


Today we are having a transformers party! I can't believe my little boy is already going to be 5 years old!!! His actual birthday is tuesday but he's having his party with friends today. It's so fun to see how excited he is about it this year. I wasn't going to make the cake. I figured he wouldn't care much if we just got one at the store. But when we went to pick one out and I saw that their version of a Transformers cake was nothing but a sheet cake with a toy on the top I just couldn't do it. So I gave in and this is what we came up with. It's Bumblebee. I have no idea who that is really, but Parker tells me it's his favorite transformer so there you go.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Kari, That turned out so cute and what a nice job. So much nicer than just a toy on top of a sheet cake. Who deserves a REAL birthday cake more than little Parker who gives you all sorts of compliments on your wedding cakes and has to be patient while you do them.

Regan said...

You are so good, and your kids are so lucky! Even Bridget looked at this cake and said, "That's Bumblebee!" She's never seen Transformers, but she said a boy in her class has shoes with Bumblebee on them and this looks just like it! So, good job!

K said...

Blow away beautiful design and execution. I'z A-MAZED.