Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cakes












Sorry I haven't been very good at posting lately, I have a lot of pics to put on and stuff to update. But here a look at what I did today :) I have another wedding next week and then 2 in october :)!! This was my first wedding cake done in buttercream instead of fondant. I have to say I much prefer fondant and might start only offering it. I did get a 5 gallon bucket of glucose yesterday for use in making my fondant. It should last forever... way cheaper than buying it in the little wilton packages. Anyways here's Allison's wedding cake and a house warming cake I did.
For the wedding cake I got there and all she had was a bucket full of roses to decorate the cake with, so lucky me I got to cut the flowers and arrange them on the cake too. It was pretty fun. Don't think I want to worry about doing that all the time, but it was allright for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wedding cake is beautiful!! You are getting really good at this. Hope you charged a bunch for your work and time. Sue

Liz said...

That is a gorgeous wedding cake! I'm very impressed. I really like the cake decoration, too. You are amazing! Cute little house-warming cake, too. You're so creative!

Anonymous said...

Those both turned out really nice. I think the house warming cake is so cute and the wedding cake turned out really beautiful. I wouldn't want to do all those flowers. Oh well you did great. Love mom