




Here are some pics of the cakes. I made Dad a guitar cake for his birthday. We had fun going to dinner with mom and dad minus the kiddos :) Thanks Christy for babysitting. Then we came back to our house for cake. The other is a cake for a sweet sixteen party. Sorry, I'm not a good photographer, I wish I had a better pic. This cake was fun because I got to try out some of the things I learned at my class, including cake plaster. A way to keep the filling from creating a bulge in the fondant when you stack all the cakes. It was stressful, but fun. :) It looks a little funny right now with the things sticking out of the top, but they are adding flowers to it so then it will be cool. Can anyone photoshop my cake pics to make the backgrounds look nicer so I can put it on my website?
13 comments:
The cakes look great. I especially like the picture where Ken and Parker are both blowing out the candles. Thanks for making the guitar cake for Dad. He really liked it. The sweet 16 cake is cute too. I like the things you did one it. mom
They are both really neat! They definitely capture personalities. Good job!
Unbelievable how you can come up with these ideas and then make them look so GREAT...:)
Karie,
I'm glad you had so much fun, you'll have to tell me about that cake plaster thingy... That's what has me most interested...
I love both those cakes, but the guitar cake is killer. Good work!
I think if you hunched down more when you're taking the pictures of the cakes, so you're more on a level with them it would help, because then the wall would mainly be your background, instead of half the wall and half the table. Try that next time and see if it helps a little bit. I can always adjust the lighting and stuff in the picture for you though!
I love the guitar cake!! It looks so good.
Kari,
They look great! You stress too much, they always turn out awesome! E-mail me the pics you want photoshoped and I'll try it. Here's a tip for the future though: just drape a solid color sheet on the table and tape it or clamp it up on the wall too and then take pics and then you'll have a nice background! : )
These look really cool! :)
Kari you are so talented. The cakes are awesome. Are you still sick? I sure hope not. Love you!
Ann
Thanks for the guitar cake. I put the guitar on the fireplace shelf in the basement so that I can look at it. It also has made me pretty interested in purchasing a baby blue stratocaster.
as usual you did a really awesome job got any good tips you want to pass on
I told Jeremy about your wish of doing a background for your cakes and he is working on it. He is really good at that sort of thing!! I LOVE the guitar cake!!
Wow, Kari! Your cakes are awesome. Very creative! I'm always excited to see what you come up with next.
Post a Comment