My kids always cracks me up. I think its my absolute favorite thing about being a parent actually. Getting to hear all the silly things they have to say and the thoughts that they have. And so that I don't forget I thought I'd better write some down from the last week.
Parker loves his new bed, unfortunately its a little harder for me to lay down next to him and snuggle when he goes to bed. But the other day I squeezed my way in and this was how our conversation went...
"Mom, I just love this tent bed. It is just my favorite cool bed. When you were a little girl did you have a bed like this?"--parker
"Nope, I didn't have a cool tent bed when I was little"--me
"Oh, that's too bad. Cause when I was a little boy I had one just like this and it was my very favorite"---Parker
Parker is really starting to wondering what I did "when I was a little girl" He really likes his back rubbed, and in turn he likes to rub mine. The last few days that I've been sick he's been rubbing me a lot. Its so cute, his little hand rubbing my back so softly.
Anyways last time I rubbed his back I thought this was pretty funny.
"Mom, when you was a little girl, who was rubbing your back?"
me--"When I was little grandma would rubbed my back"
Then shocked and worried he replied "Oh mom!! Why didn't your mommy rub your back?!! My mommy rubs my back. You should tell your mommy that her was supposed to do it.!!"
Oh Parker, you just make me laugh :)
I tried to explain that grandma is my mommy, but I think it was lost on him. After all, you only get to be one thing, either a mommy or a grandma.
Here's a little thing that makes me laugh, but is kinda sad in way. My poor kids, I must be depriving them. This morning Parker was looking for a snack, which he is ALWAYS doing!!! Drives me nuts, I have to hide everything. Anyways I told him all the reasons why I didn't think he needed a snack right then and her is the reasons he thought he did. It always starts with
"Uh, wait Mom, I just have to tell you something" with his finger pointed at me and a seriously annoyed look on his face :)
"I think I can have a snack right now because I just was eating all my cereals, and I didn't even spill it. Aaannndd.. I was just thinking about getting some of my play clothes on aaannnd cleaning my room all by myself. SO I think I need to have a snack so I have lots of energy. And I will pick it out all by myself. And mom, you just need to be good because we don't get to have snacks with sugar in it. Just some healthy ones. okay. And then if you still are being sick I can give you some of my energy that I have from my snack and then you can just play with me."
So you might not find them as funny as I do. You just have to hear Parker when he says these things. He just always has an answer for everything and never stops talking!! But I seem to talk incessantly too so I guess he gets it from me. We can't wait for preschool to start next week!! Its going to be so good for him to have another outlet for all his smarts :)
10 comments:
I think the things he says are funny! I love hearing things like this! It makes me wonder, "What is going on in your head?" Jadyn always says, "Okay Mom, I got an idea..." and then we hear her reasons. I love how concerned he was for your energy too, cute!
It is always a pleasure to find out about these conversations that go on when I'm not home. I hope that Kari gets better and over this yucky stomach bug...I love you sweetie! Hubby
That's so cute!
Parker sounds like such a cutie. My kids are constantly making me laugh every day too, what a great idea to write them all down! I hope you are feeling better!
I can totally picture Parker saying those things. As I was reading I heard his little voice in my head. Cute!
I enjoyed this post soooo much! I love the funny things Soren says and usually there's too many every day to remember. I kick myself for not writing them down. I'd better do it, though, or they'll be forgotten forever! Parker is hilarious. I love that he wants to know about your life when you were a little girl. I love that Grandma is just Grandma, not your mom. :) Ah, kids are refreshing. I agree that the funny things they say are some of the best parts of being a mom.
Kari, hope you are feeling better. The cake class sounds really fun and I love the cake you made. It has some really neat decorations on it. Also glad you are having fun redecorating your house. I can see why Parker likes his new bed, it's very cute.
Love, Grandma
Very cute stuff. Those things were totally Parker. I could imagine him saying all of them. Isn't it crazy how they have gotten so big and old so fast?
It's fun that he can talk to you and communicate all his important thoughts and feelings. And so funny when they say such goofy stuff!
how adorable is he Harlan is not quite so reasonable he just gets stubborn and won't listen when I try to explain why he can't have or do something
Very cute! I read several days worth of posts - I love Parker's bed! What a great place to sleep! Glad you're feeling better :)
Post a Comment