Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our fun day :)

Today we babysat for a good friend most the day. We had 3 extra little ones, but had a fun fun day with them. They came over around 10 and Aaron played soccer with them all in the backyard, which Parker loved! Except when the ball got kicked away from him, then he'd get mad and tell you that "that's not the way you play it!" After the boys were all exhausted we had lunch and then finger painted. Parker usually won't put his hands in it, he thinks its yucky to have his hands so dirty :). But with the help of the bigger boys he learned how fun it was to be dirty and just play.
Then since we still had a few hours before the boys went home we went outside and played in the little pool and on the slipn slide. It's so funny when they don't know how to slide on it. They just kept running back and forth on it and running into each other.
After that the kids just played. But after they went home Aaron took us out to Goodwood BBQ. It was soo yummy ;). And the best part was I didn't have to cook it or clean it up. After a long day with a hurting foot, and Aaron having Migraines it was just what we needed. Parker and KC were even pretty good. KC kept wanting to eat the fries off of Aaron's plate, even though he had a whole pile of his own in front of him.
Then we went to Maceys and got food storage, not that fun really, but it feels good to know we are getting a step closer to having what we need to be prepared. The store was having a sale all week on their Family Preparedness items so we took advantage and stocked up on a bunch of stuff. Then we had to figure out were to put it all. So if you look under our beds and in our bedroom closets your bound to find wheat and dried eggs :).. I can't wait until we have a storage room for all this stuff.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Finger paints? What a fun, brave mom you are! =)

Regan said...

You are a fun mom! I discovered only watching ONE little boy that I am not cut out for watching other people's kids. It takes a special type of person for that, I think. Your whole day sounds great, although I have never heard of a BBQ place that serves fries. Fried okra, yes, but not french fries. And how cool that you guys are doing food storage! I miss Maceys and I think it's funny they were having a Family Preparedness sale.

Kari said...

Only in Utah could you find a food storage sale. ;)
And we had very strict finger painting rules, the whole table was covered in wax paper, the kids covered in aprons, and no one was allowed to slap the paint and make it fly everywhere. But they still managed to enjoy it even with me in the background saying, "oh don't do that, and I'm gonna take that away.."
We managed to get by with no paint on clothes or the floor, and only a few little spots on the wall. Maybe next time I'll be less paranoid.

Anonymous said...

Looks really fun and Parker certainly was enjoying it. Glad you survived your day and got to relax with a nice dinner. See you tomorrow if not sooner. mom

Lechelle said...

Looks like fun! I miss Goodwood.

Liz said...

Mmmmm...Goodwood. They have the best honey-stung chicken sandwich! And the best ribs! I love that place. :) Glad you had a good day. Way to go on the food storage, too!