Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Favorite Cake Ever!!!

I finally did it! I made a cake that turned out just as I imagined it. This cake is for my brothers b-day. His birthday really isn't until the end of the month, but since hes in town we are having a b-day dinner for him tomorrow at my parents house. So I think the cake is kinda supposed to be a surprise, but I'm way to excited about it to wait and post it. So if you see this don't tell Kelly. :) And if you are Kelly, pretend you didn't see it. Kelly is in love with his IPod. So I thought it be fun to make him an IPod cake. This is a 11x15 chocolate cake with a choc/raspberry filling. Covered in vanilla fondant. All the details are edible and made from fondant.

9 comments:

Ola said...

Really COOL!!! :)

Sarah said...

The ear pieces are really cool too. This is a neat looking cake, I wouldn't want to eat it! You've done an amazing job!

Lechelle said...

It looks perfect Kari, good job!

CoryAnn said...

That looks really awesome I Love it I am so glad it turned out the way you wanted it to

Ginna said...

Wow it is awesome. It almost beats the mama fish cake. Almost. Wish we were there to eat it!
I love how realistic the headphones and cords look!

Anonymous said...

When I saw the I-pod on the family website, I thought it was a real one not a cake!! Great job, Kari. Sue

Liz said...

I love this cake. It's awesome!

Regan said...

That really is awesome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the cake kari. it was great. and very big! it was the most delicious ipod i have ever tasted.