Today I signed up for a class at a Professional Bakery in SLC. I am so excited I can hardly wait!!! Its costing a ton, but I think I'm going to learn sooo much. They provide all the supplies, plus lunch, etc. Its all day for 2 days. We get to learn more about working with fondant and chocolate clay. we'll do embrodery and lace, ribbons, bows, gumpaste flowers. Anyway I saw online this morning that there was an opening and when Aaron gave me the go ahead, since its so much $, I called immediatly and signed up. I even get to bring home a fully decorated 3 tier dummy cake. So stay tuned for pictures :). I think this is going to be a great opportunity to develop my talent so I can really get my business going sometime next year.
Oh, and for those who go there and don't know. Shepards Cake and Candy store is closing at the end of the month. They are having a big sale right now to get rid of everything. I haven't been over yet to check out the deals, but if you want me to get you anything let me know and when I go I'll pick some stuff up for you. I'm sad they are closing since its the only place in utah county to really get supplies. But at our class next week the lady, whos name is Carrie :) is going to give us a list of places that are good to get supplies, so that will be nice.
Anyway, thats all the excitement for now :)
5 comments:
Good for you! These kind of learning experiences are so important to us as women! I'll look forward to hearing how it goes!
Kari,
I just read about the class you are going to take. It sounds awesome and you can learn so much aat something like that where you can actually do the projects with someone to instruct you. The cake you made for Kelly was so cute. It looked really authentic. Bet he loved it. Also the trip to the dinosaur museum sounded fun and the pictures were so cute. The kids looked like they were having so much fun.
Have a good week. Love Grandma
That sounds so great! I'm sad to hear Shepherd's is closing. I made a whole bunch of signs for them a long time ago. They paid me pretty well and I was so excited! And I remember spending a LOT of time there with my mom. They have so much fun stuff!
Have fun at your class!
So glad that you are taking the class.you have wanted to for a while. You will learn so much. Good luck... Big loves to all
Have fun at your class. That is so cool that you can keep pursuing your goals!! I am sad to hear about Shepherds. I worked with Elaine and Annie a bunch in my sucker-making days. Why are they closing?? I heard Elaine was ill...do you know if that is why? If you go there, please ask. The cake for Jen is beautiful - you keep getting better!!
Post a Comment