Here they are. You wouldn't believe the stress trying to get these done. I almost burned down my kitchen! But other than a ruined burner on the stove there's no permanent damage :) Anyways I had a meltdown this morning and called my mom. She came over and helped with the kiddos, and just having her here helped me feel better. Moms are so good at that. So thanks Mom. You might not think so but you really did a lot for me.
So here are the cakes. I'm not that crazy about them. They turned out to be a lot harder than I thought, probably because I got so stressed about it, but the big cake I redid about 3 times. Finally I decided it just had to be the way it was.
I wanted them to go together more, but it didn't work out that way. Oh well, they are for separate parties. 

9 comments:
Bridget and I think they look GREAT!
I tell her night and day that her cakes are wonderful and that she is doing a great job...but she just doesn't listen to me. I absolutely love the cakes she makes!
Aaron
I think they're cute! I haven't seen the High School Musical movies (I'm going to watch HSM2 tonight at a party here in AZ), but they definitely look like they'd be appropriate. :) I especially like the top cake. The lettering is awesome!
I'm catching up on blogs, so I hadn't seen the last few cakes. Wonderful! I'm very impressed!
Those are awesome! I seriously need to see this movie so I know what all the hype is about.
Those are great Kari! They go together great I think! You really do an amazing job and there is a reason people go to you for their cakes--they are awesome!
Thanks for the kind words KAri. I think the cakes turned out cute too. It is always stressful to please someone else. It was fun to spend time with you and the kids. Love mom
I think they look awesome. Would you mind telling me how you did the lettering on the high school musical 2 cake as my daughter wants to have a high school musical party for her birthday. Thanks
The lettering is cut from fondant and then I attached gumpaste pearls colored with royal icing to make the lights.
Post a Comment