WEll, here it is, the new bed. For those of you who don't know, I'm feeling the change bug. You know when you just get antsy and need things to change. In the past I would move, or break up with someone, or just do something crazy and stupid that would create a lot of needless drama in my life. But now that I am the new and improved version of myself, those other options are no longer available :)
So Now I reaarange the house, get new clothes, a new haircut, and yes sometimes a baby :) KC and Parker both have the change bug to thank for their exsistence in our family.
Well, this time, since I don't want another baby just yet, I've decided to sell off all the furniture I no longer love, or really use and with the money but some new furniture. Obviously I can't get the same amount of stuff for the money I can get for the old, but I can get a few things that will be fun.
So awhile ago we got Parker a bunk bed from someone for free. It was really big and took up a lot of room. IKEA had this great little bed that I absolutly love. It was a loft, but very small. And you could have the bunk part on the top or turn it over and have it on the bottom. It even had a tent top you could get.
So last night, after selling Parkers bed that afternoon, we set of to IKEA to look for the fun new bed. The one I had been telling Parker about ALL day to get him excited.
But then we looked everywhere, no bed!! We asked about it and turns out its been discontinued. I was so mad. Luckily Parker liked everything he saw so he didn't care too much. But I had his whole room rearranged and redecorated in my head al around this new fun bed. We were going to out him up high, and then put his toys underneath in in a fort. And get the tent for the top. It was going to be sweet.
The thing that makes me the maddest is that it is featured in the new 2008 catologue. Why have it in there if you just plan to get rid of it???
Anyways, this is what we ended up with.

He loves it. It even has a little cat and dog on the frame. Its so small! But seems to fit him well, with room to grow so I guess thats okay. And it was half the price of the other bed. We were still able to get a tent for it, and I think thats his favorite. The good thing is his bedroom seems huge now so there is a lot of room to play now, so thats a plus. And it was really really easy to put together.
Anyways, I still wish we had the other bed, but I guess I'll survive. :(
Oh and I lost another pound!!! This means since we went on our family vacation to washington in May i am down 11 lbs!!!. 6 since starting weigh watchers. Whohoo!
9 comments:
The Best part was that the bed was so simple to put together and is pretty good quality. I guess that get to go along to the "change bug" ride too... Hubby.
Your so wonderful to but up with me and my many moods babe. I love you!!
Kari is always good to find a deal. Between her and Sheila I have some pretty cute, inexpensive clothes. They both are wonderful to take shopping. Hope Parker sleeps well in his new bed. Sue
I need to make changes every now and then too. It must be an inherited trait. But it's not so bad as long as you make small changes like furniture . Also, way to go with the weight loss. What a pain losing weight is. I never thought it would be so hard.
So cute! I know what bed you're talking about. It looks like he loves this one, though. And your "change bug" sounds pretty funny, but exciting! I feel like that sometimes, but I guess I'm too chicken to make such big changes!
I love this bed you got, I've seen it at Ikea a couple of different times and I always want it, with those adorable animals on there. And I just love their little bedspreads. And the tent is so fun.
Way to go!
Jadyn says "That's a cool bed!" I love the change bug. I change my furniture on a regular basis it seems. Dishes move around the kitchen, etc. No babies for us though! Looks cute and sometimes the things you don't plan for (different beds than you planned on) turn out for the best.
Oh man! I know well the frustration of discontinued furniture. And from Ikea, too! Soren's crib is a Diktad and we were going to get a matching crib for Anders when we got here. Yeah, they don't make it anymore. ARGH!!! The bed you got for Parker is cute, though. And he totally looks happy. And knowing you, it won't be hard to rearrange that picture in your head to come up with yet another cute decorating idea for the room. :) Good luck!
I must say I am a bit jealous of Parker's new bed. I wonder if it comes in queen size?
Post a Comment