Nothing really exciting to post about today, but I thought I'd just do a little update on what we've been up to the last week or so.
For starters my foot is healing very slowly. Its driving me crazy. I finally went into the Dr. and he thinks I tore 2 of the tendons that connect your ankle and foot bone. So I have to wear a brace when I'm walking and keep it wrapped the rest of the time. If its not feeling better by the middle of next week I have to have xrays to look for a fracture. They said it can take a few weeks for small fractures to show up on an xray so that's why they haven't done one yet. So we'll see, it does pretty good when wrapped, otherwise it hurts. Urgh.
But we have a nice slow week!! I only babysit this Friday, oh yeah, for those who don't know I worked everything out and am still doing daycare. So anyways they only need me fri this week so that's nice. And I have only one cake due fri morning.
The rest of the week we have just been taking it easy. Playing and coloring and painting. We got Parker some new coloring books and art supplies, taking advantage of the back to school sales. He got a book full of mazes, that I thought would be really hard for him, but he loves it! Its so cute, he traces it with his finger to determine where to go, then after he has it figured out he used the crayon to do it. He does really well and has already done half the book. We also got a paint with water book. I've decided this is my favorite type of painting :). No mess!
We went out shopping for a while yesterday morning and the rest of the day my foot hurt, so I think we'll take it easier today. My mom is coming over so that will be fun :).
The main thing I'm working on right now is completing my database of recipes. I've decided that if I really want to do this cake thing I need to be legal so I don't get myself into trouble. If I knew enough people that needed cakes I wouldn't worry about it right now. Since you can do cakes for friends and family w/o a licensed business. But since I've been advertising to try to find more opportunities that complicates it a little. So I either need everyone to convinced their friends to let me make cake for them :) and I can charge just for ingerdients and then if they want to donate for my time :) Or I need to have a real business. In order to do that I have to get a cottage licence. This means that I need to write down all my recipes and processes and submit them to someone to make sure they aren't potentially hazardous. Then there is a long list of requirements, not as tough as I thought, but still a pain. I think it will make our renters insurance higher :(. I also have to have a letter from the city zoning saying that I can have a home based business here. Lots to do, but its not to expensive and would be nice to be able to advertise more without worrying about getting in trouble :). I guess I'd better check my lease too and make sure its okay. Anyways for starters I'm going to just get all my recipes together and organized. The cool thing is my program that I use has a new feature that saves all the costs for individual ingredients. That makes it much easier to figure it all. And right now I pay $5/month to use it, but they've changed it so you can just pay once and have it forever. Its 100$, but I don't have to pay it all until my year subscription expires. And then I'll only owe $29 more. So I'm excited about that.
Anyway other than that not much is going on. Gotta get this foot better, but it is nice to have an excuse to just relax and slow down a bit.
4 comments:
wow what a lot of work hey I have a couple of questions to ask you so give me a call when you can
Glad to hear that you're so organized - and hopefully this work will keep you off your feet a bit! Sorry to hear about your ankle. Keep us posted on the healing!
It was fun to spend the day with you yesterday. Did Aaron follow the rules with this lunch box? Hope your foot is doing better and that you have a good day. Love mom
Wow, you're pretty busy... As always!
Hope your foot will heal faster and that you'll be able to do all the things you want to FAST!!! :)
Post a Comment