Here's the latest office cake. It was chocolate with Bavarian cream. I've tried making my filling, but when I've tried Bavarian cream it hasn't been very good. It's not real tasty anyways, at least I don't think so, but it just seemed flavorless when I made it. So I've decided to just buy it already made. Much easier and tastier, and I think more cost effective too. Aaron said the cake was really yummy so I think it was a good choice. Last months cake turned out really dry and the filling was really thin and runny. Not a very good combination, I felt really bad that it didn't turn out. I tried a new recipe and shouldn't have tried it before I needed it for someone. I'll have to do some tweaking with it if I ever plan to use it again. Anyways here's a pic of the cake.

I had an appointment today to schedule a wedding cake and have another tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. That makes 2 wedding cakes this month and 2 next month as well as a few misc cakes here and there. Its nice to have the big cakes because it gives me some extra money to buy some supplies and fun fondant tools. I also just ordered a 5lb bucket of glucose so I can make all my own fondant. That store bought stuff is just nasty and Carrie gave us a really great recipe that is really easy to make and very tasty. If anyone would like it let me know, maybe I'll try to post it on here when I get around to it. But the catch is you have to use glucose, a thicker type of corn syrup, it doesn't work if you don't. But if you buy the Wilton containers of it it is really expensive if you buy it a lot. So I ordered a ton, but for only $40. I can't wait to get it because I have a few cakes, one I saw in a book, and one inspired by a pillow I saw, that I can't wait to make. I think they will be great additions for my website, not to mention that if I can pull them off I'll be brave enough to raise my prices on wedding cakes. So that's all that's up here with cakes anyways. Most the cakes I have over the next 2 months are pretty basic, but I'll post their pictures when they are done. :)
1 comment:
great job and good luck with all your cakes! :)
Post a Comment