Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall cake and making cookies



Here is this weeks wedding cake. I had a lot of freedom with this one. She just wanted to make sure there were leaves and a fall design. Her flowers are going to be orange and yellow roses. I made all the leaves and the flowers on the cake by hand with a gumpaste/chocolate clay mix. So they should taste yummy too. :) The cake is paisley shaped :)



The other day we made cookies for halloween. I'm kinda lame and don't ever frost the sugar cookies. The kids don't know any better right now and it saves me an even bigger mess. But they sure had fun cutting them out and playing with the flour :)

12 comments:

Annie said...

Look at that mess! You are the funnest mom ever!!! =)

Lisa said...

Wow, you are a good mom! At least flour is easy to clean up. And a paisley shaped cake...that is interesting, and I think a first. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

As always, your cake looks fabulous! Each cake seems to get better and better! --Hubby

Anonymous said...

Those boys looked like they had a ball. It's times like that that they remember. The cake is gorgeous. Wow, you are talented! Sue

Ginna said...

Cookie making looks like fun--that's smart about the frosting, the cookies themselves are messy enough!
I really love all the leaves on that cake, but wasn't it hard to make it paisley shaped???

Regan said...

Is there a paisley shape pan? I've never seen that. How original and unique. It looks great. And those cookies do look like a mess, but you can tell everyone had a great time! Nice to see a picture of you, too!

Becky said...

Always fun to see your new cakes AND your fun times!

Kari said...

Wilton just came out with a new paisley shaped pan set. So I was excited when the bride wanted that shape so I had a good excuse to get the new pans :)
We were invited to the reception so we got to eat the cake too, it was yummy :)

Liz said...

They don't look like they cared one bit about not frosting the cookies! :) They look like they had a great time getting all floured up. And, another great cake, Kari! Business has to be good for you with how awesome your cakes look! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Ola said...

How fun... Glad you always find time to have some fun time with your kids... :)

Anonymous said...

Kari, what a fun mom you are!! The boys are adorable, you would never know that there is no frosting involved. tee hee

K said...

I have a picture of Gin like that, licking chocolate egg beater beaters. I LOVE that cake - I thought it was fabric at first. Cool.