Sunday, October 28, 2007

Waiting....

I hate waiting. I don't really need to even say it, everyone who knows me well knows that I am probably one of the most impatient people on earth. We were hoping to hear back on our offer friday. Well, turns out the sellers are out deer hunting and were getting back tonight. But I guess at least we heard something. We know they are planning to send over a counter offer in the morning sometime, so now I just need to make it through the night :)
The hardest part of waiting for me is that I don't sleep well, and my appetite gets all messed up. I'm still the one awake at 2:00am christmas morning wishing everyone else would hurry up so we can open presents :)
So I haven't been able to sleep without sleep aids for the last 3 nights, and I think I've eaten maybe 1/2 days worth of food all weekend. And its been mostly chips and pretzels. Healthy huh. And my fingernails, at least what was left of them, are gone.
On the plus side we got to go back to the house on saturday and inspect it in the daylight and we still love it. And we met some of the neighbors and they were really nice. And we got to drive around town and check it out. Its a really cute little town and I think we will really like it. Its only about 25min away from work for Aaron. Commuting will be harder than his current 5min drive, but coming north on I-15 to orem isn't nearly as bad as coming south to orem from american fork or lehi, so it shouldn't be all that terrible.
We also went and checked out the ward today. It was a lot more established than I thought it would be. I thought it would be a lot of young families, but it wasn't. It was a very normal, large ward and the people were very friendly. I'm pretty nervous about the transition from young wards with most people our age, which is all we've been in since we were married. To a regular family ward with all ages and types of people. I've never been in a relief society that has more people older than me than not. So it will be a big change if we move. Anyways, its been good to have the weekend to really think about it. We've had a good chance to look over the budget again and think about how it really will all fit in and what we might have to do without for awhile. And we are learning a lot of good things from the "Home buying for Dummies" book we bought for Jake and Julie when they first bought their house. I'm more grateful than ever that they passed it on to us when they were done with it :) Thanks guys! It has a lot of good stuff in it. Anyways, enough ranting, I just don't want to go to bed because I know I won't sleep, but I'll spare you of my ramblings and let you know what happens tomorrow!

5 comments:

Ginna said...

a process like this is always really stressful, and I hate waiting too. Hopefully you'll hear something soon, keep us posted!

Becky said...

We're waiting to hear good news! :D

Liz said...

So, it's now "tomorrow" and you haven't posted the "results." You're going to cause me a sleepless night! :) I can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

Kari said...

lol, sorry Liz. We still don't know, our realtor can't seem to get ahold of their realtor. Figures. So we'll see. I don't them they'd better hurry and get back to us before we change our minds!

Sarah said...

The worst part after this is having to wait for them to get out and you can actually get in! Let us know! We are excited for you!