Monday, October 29, 2007

The wait is over!

Well, the wait is over. Sorry to keep you all in suspense for so long :)
The verdict is.........................................................nope.
The sellers had no room to negotiate and their counter offer had no concessions of any kind, and was even higher than the original asking price! Granted we were asking them to pay closing costs, but still.
The best thing is we had all weekend to think about it and I don't feel disappointed at all. I don't even feel a desire to make a counter offer and stress about it anymore. The more i think about it, I actually feel a little relieved. We were going to be really poor, and now we can still be poor, but actually save money at the same time :)
SO anyways, sorry to lead you all on all weekend, but you have to admit, it was fun wondering what would happen, right?
So the search goes on, and in the meantime we can buy Christmas presents for the kids cause we won't be so poor.

9 comments:

Ginna said...

well that's a bummer, but probably a good sign that youguys aren't too broken up about it. Now can you get some sleep???

Kathy said...

You guys have done a great job decided what to do. I am glad the wait is over and you learned a lot from the whole experience. Next time you will be more prepared and hopefully even find something better. Now maybe you can relate to our moving woes a bit. It isn't an easy decision. Granted we may make it harder than it has to be but it is nerve wracking.

Diana said...

That's too bad! But I am glad that you feel ok about it. It is really hard being so strapped for money that you can't do anything else fun. That's what happened to us when we bought our first house. The right thing will come along for you guys. =)

Regan said...

You have a great attitude! We made an offer on a house and planned to build a couple of others before we finally found the perfect one and got a great deal so it wasn't such a financial burden! That right thing will happen for you guys, too. It is sad that the housing market is bad for sellers right now and they sometimes aren't as willing (or able) to bend. And, it's no fun having a new house and no money to decorate it (I should know)!

I can't wait to see pictures from your Halloween! Is Parker excited?

Lechelle said...

YOu have to kiss a lot of frogs.....
Your next house will be better for you. :)

Becky said...

Ditto to everything already said! Glad you're feeling OK about it!

Annie said...

I just want to say that buying a house...even just looking to buy a house...is one of the most stressful things I've ever experienced. All the looking...the offers...the counter-offers... the numbers...etc. When we were buying our condo, I remember that every time one would fall through, even though I knew it was "for the best" and blah blah blah, it was frustrating and disappointing. I'm sorry you're going through that, but I think you have an awesome attitude about it. Good luck with the continued hunt. =)

Liz said...

Hooray for Christmas presents! :)

Anonymous said...

Many times in life I have had the feeling of content when something fell through. I know what you are feeling. If something is supposed to work out it will. Good luck. Love you Bruno.