Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cake Room




Mom, look at the rug

I now have a living room/cake consultation room :) Our front room is so big, it was a hard space to fill. And I really wanted a separate area where I could hold appointments, and not feel like my whole downstairs had to be completely spotless every time. So I found this fabulous floor screen on the ksl classifieds. Its so beautiful, I love it, and even Aaron likes it now. It really helps separate the space nicely and makes the family room cozier. So here are the recent changes. I found some nice wing back chairs for a great price on craigslist that may be joining the family soon also, they'll go in the front area with my cakes. We are also getting new kitchen table on saturday!! Its counter height and has some beautiful highback stools with it that have black leather seats. I can't hardly wait for it to get here. The old table, will replace the small one in the living room so I have space for books and stuff at appointments.


I just have to say that I love my house. I love everything about it. I love the neighborhood, the new friends I'm making. I love having space for my kids to run around and be boys, and not having to be stepping on all their toys all day long. And I love feeling like a "grown up" with a real house of our very own. That's beautiful and bright. Since its started to warm up we've been taking lots of bike rides. And its so fun! We have a fabulous walking trail that leads to a great park. As I was walking down it the other day pushing Kc in the stroller with Parker riding his bike, I was looking around at our new neighborhood, with the sun shining and the trees starting to blossom. And it was such a nice peaceful feeling. I feel so incredibly blessed. I keep waiting for the bubble to pop. But until it does I'm going to enjoy every second of it. :)

Mom made me this wonderful quilt and pillows for our family room. I love the colors and its nice to have a warm snuggly blanket on the cold leather couches.

13 comments:

Lechelle said...

I love it Kari! What a great idea. It looks really nice and I like the screen too.
I hope your bubble stays intact for a long time :)

Kathy said...

Kari I love the room screen. It looks great in your house and really does add a lot. How nice to have a cake consultation room. Nice work.

Also love the gorgeous and fabulous pillows. (that is what parker said after I made them. It was so funny.)

Lechelle said...

Kathy, you really did a great job on Kari's quilt!

Liz said...

I love your cake room, Kari! And I'm jealous that you have your own house. How awesome. It is really nice to live in a neighborhood. I'm grateful for that. And we have the coolest landlords, to boot! :)

Ginna said...

the house looks great and that screen is really neat.
I'm glad you like where you are. That's really wonderful!

Sarah said...

Isn't it fun to change and do whatever you want to a house? It looks great, you always do such a nice job!

Shersy said...

Looks great - can't wait to see it in person! Glad spring is coming and things are coming to life! Loves!

Ola said...

It looks great!!! And I'm glad you're so happy and p[ositive! Enjoy every moment of it! :)

Ola said...

It looks great!!! And I'm glad you're so happy and p[ositive! Enjoy every moment of it! :)

Diana said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your house. YOu are doing a great job decorating. By the way, Brittny has a blog! The link is on my page under Brittny and Thayne.

Becky said...

Everything looks beautiful! What great ideas!

Catherine Hess said...

Your blog is so much fun to read Kari! I am so happy that you love your new place/neighborhood so much. It always makes me happy to know my friends are happy! And you got all that awesome stuff on ksl/craigslist! that's so cool! Where did you get those beautiful metalic wall hangings in the first picture?

Stephanie said...

It looks fabulous, Kari! And I can't wait to see it in person. I need a couple weeks to get myself in order though, but I will call you so we can figure out a time to get together.