Monday, March 17, 2008

Enrichment Cake



So its relief society birthday celebration time again and I volunteered to do a cake for enrichment night. Some of you may remember that I did one last year too, it was one of my first cakes. It's a little stressful for me because I know I'll be there, and it adds pressure to please everyone. Fear of being judged I guess, it kinda of makes me feel like I'm back in high school. I've decided I like the cakes the best that I can just make and drop off. And then I can just imagine that everyone loves it, and not have to know if they didn't. And of course then I'm not stuck serving the cake all night. So anyways the theme for our night is Hearts Knit together so I made a heart themed cake.

The bottom layer is a cake I like to call chocolate sundae. Its chocolate cakes filled with marshmallow creme, hot fudge, and crushed up candy bars, I can't wait to eat it :)

The second tier is chocolate with a cream cheese swirl,

the 3rd is white with a strawberry swirl, the fourth is just white, and the top just chocolate.

I have to serve 120 people so I also made a large round cake that is a raspberry lemonade cake. Its a lemon cake swirled with raspberry filling throughout the cake. Its my new favorite.


I'm glad the cake is done, I've been having a lot of anxiety about it. Now I can rest until I do the wedding cake I have scheduled for this weekend. And I'm excited for that one. I'm also excited because Sher and DJ and their girls are coming to visit us this weekend and will be our first over night guests! We can't wait to see you guys! We love visitors so everyone else is invited to come and visit us sometime too :)

6 comments:

K said...

Why, oh why must you write about cakes and then SHOW them to me?? My jeans are all ready too tight, and I suspect (scriptures being what they are) that just thinking about eating the cake will make them tighter.

I really, really wanna eat it.

But looking at is pretty good too -

Liz said...

That's a cool cake! I'm fairly certain we won't have anything half as fancy as that at our birthday celebration. I want the cream cheese swirl part. Could you ship me some? :) j/k!

Lechelle said...

It looks really cute and sounds delicious!

Stephanie said...

I hope the activity went as well as making the cake did!?

napnotes said...

Wowzer! Kari you knock my socks off with all that cake making talent. I LOVE that cake (ohhh, no pun intended).

Ola said...

Yummy!!! :)

Happy Easter!!! :)