Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunday

KC went to nursery and stayed by himself for the first time on sunday!! Its been 2 months going with him and staying every week, while he cries and clings to us almost the whole time. Even the mention of going to nursery brought tears. So it was wonderful to have him go. Of course there were lots of tears, and we ket him take his blanket and his binkie. But he eventually calmed down and I think may have even had fun. After church I asked him if he liked nursery and he replied, "Bubbles!!" I guess they were blowing bubbles, and he liked that. Even today if I asked him about it he told me about the bubbles. I guess we know how to please him.

Another tricky part of it was that I've just been called to be the new Nursery song leader. We have 3 nurserys so it takes most the first hour, but its so fun! I was worried KC wouldn't let me leave again when I had to go sing with his class, but he did alright! I think this is going to really be a fun calling, The little kids are so cute.

3 comments:

K said...

If you serve in nursery, you are instantly promoted to saint.

Liz said...

Yay KC! And congrats on your new calling, Kari! I think you'll be awesome. We love our Primary song leader (she does Nursery too). This is a perfect calling for you since you love to sing!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm still in the nursery (have been since Jack was 2 months old...April of last year), so I know what an accomplishment it is for parents to be able to leave their kids [finally] after the months of "training". Yay for you! And I am so glad that KC let you leave after singing time.