Saturday, March 29, 2008

Where to start...

SO much has happened this week, so heres a quick review to catch everyone up with us.

  • Easter weekend was soo much fun. Sher and DJ came and stayed overnight--we loved having them, thanks for coming guys!! And Aarons parents got to come for a few hours friday too. It was fun to have them for a little longer than usual and we look forward to the day when they have more time on their hands and can come and stay for a few days.

  • We all got sick again, whats new there. Aaron had bronchitis, KCs had croup, Parker and I just have colds and a little bit of sick tummies. Not very fun, but hopefully on its way out soon!

  • The kitties lost their manhood friday and got neutered and got their first set of shots. They also had ear mites and had to have that treated, but now they have nice clean ears.

  • Last weekend we discovered that the toilet in our half bath downstairs was leaking. The tank had a crack. After getting the toilet fixed a restoration crew came to dry the carpet and discovered black mold. They thought at first that it was pretty bad and that they would have to gut the bathroom, but luckily it wasn't. We did have to leave for a few days while they worked on it and got the mold out. We went and stayed with my parents and it was lots of fun. Thanks for taking us in Mom and Dad!
  • Our new table finally came. It was supposed to be here a week ago, but better late than never right? It seems a lot bigger than it did in the big open store and it will take some getting used too. What do you think? I love the height, it will be great for doing cakes since I didn't have a big space on the counters.

  • We also got a new shelving unit and desk for upstairs. We've decided to make more of an office area in the loft. This way Aaron has room for all his family history documents that he is compiling, and I have a place to store all my cake order info. We got the unit at Ikea in the as-is department and got a great deal on it.

  • Last weekend I did a wedding cake for a cousins sis-in-law. I didn't love the way it turned out, nothing really I can specifically say I didn't like about it, I just wanted it to be a little prettier. But the bride loved it and sent me the nicest email about it after the wedding. And thats what matters. I'm glad I don't have anymore wedding cake till the end of May. It'll be good to have a little break before the summer wedding madness hits. I am doing a few other little cakes though that will be fun.

I'm sure theres a little that I'm forgetting about, but oh well. Today I'm glad to just be home again and get to sit and relax a little.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, by the end of your post, I was ready to relax a little, too. You've definitely been busy! Sounds like you've had a lot of fun, though. I'm sorry that you were sick again. I hate being sick. And I must say, I love your latest cake...as usual. I don't know how people can eat them, though, they are so pretty I wouldn't want to destroy them! :)

Kathy said...

love the table and wall unit.
it looks great. We enjoyed having you and playing with the boys. They are so cute and fun.

K said...

You're so blessed to have such parents. I think your mom is one of the true saints - a lovely and graceful and loving person.

Don't worry about the table feeling big. I promise you, there will come a time when it feels too small.

Isn't it fabulous to have a life, Kari? You have a home and children and a yard - that will hide eggs better some day soon, a place for visitors to come, a business - you have all these things, all these wonderful things. How strange how you guys grow up - how we grew up. And here we are, on the other end, and looking downhill - how did that happen, I wonder?

Sarah said...

Your table looks as tall as ours and I love it! It's nice not having to "get up" from the table and you don't run into it either (can you tell I had a problem walking ;) ). Nice shelving unit, I love buying "as is" and getting deals!

Your cake was a hit, as usual!

Glad your bathroom got fixed too. Hopefully the sickies won't be back for a long time now.

Now go and take a nap after all you did.